is Robinhood's new, independent media brand for news and information about the markets, economics, business, technology, and the culture of money. Sherwood Media is building on the success of Snacks — our daily markets and business newsletter — which has one of the largest audiences in the country.
Sherwood will launch a suite of new editorial offerings throughout 2023, complementing Snacks with more always-on news updates and analysis, original reporting, new newsletter offerings, social-first content, and live events.
About the team + role
Sherwood Media's Revenue team has the unique opportunity to sell into an engaged, intelligent, young audience that is hungry for information to be delivered on their terms and in their voice. One that gives them actionable narratives about where we're headed — financially and otherwise. The content strives to make financial news more actionable, accessible, entertaining and relevant by changing the way it is curated, shared and consumed by the next generation. The foundation is in place and the opportunity is only growing for audiences and brands alike.
What You'll Do
Client Success Managers are experts in Sherwood Media's advertising solutions and are hyper-focused on developing strategies to meet client KPIs.
Day-to-day the Client Success Account Manager plays a role in the full client lifecycle from pre-sale strategy and planning to post-sale execution. Working alongside the Client Partner the Client Success Account Manager will be responsible for the development of partnership proposals including sales decks and media plans, issuing of IOs, overseeing the execution of all campaign types (newsletter, editorial sponsorships, native advertising, branded content, display media and experiential), reporting, optimizations and recapping and renewal of the partnership.
The Client Success Manager is responsible for ensuring that the interests of our clients and Sherwood Media team are met and that all output is of the highest quality and performance.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail and process oriented and should have experience in, and a passion for, customer service, digital media and advertising. The position will report to the Head of Client Success.
- Ensure all aspects of the pre and post-sale process maintain the highest level of quality from proposals and pitches to campaign fulfillment and optimization
- Maintain an intricate understanding of all Sherwood Media products and Client Success team processes
- Act as the main post-sale point of contact on campaigns, both internal and external
- Ensure smooth and timely launch of all elements across all campaigns, coordinating amongst stakeholders and keeping a keen eye on project timelines and schedule
- Attend client meetings & calls and act as an extension of the Client Partnerships team.
- Proactively work with the Client Partnership team to approach clients with well thought out upsell opportunities.
- Own the kick-off process for incoming campaigns to ensure successful transition from development to production.
- Lead kick off calls, ensuring full absorption of information, confirming full project scope upfront for full project team, identifying action items and clarifying clear roles and responsibilities for the execution team
- Escalate stumbling blocks and production challenges to senior team members; work to troubleshoot and find solutions proactively
- Manage day to day operations of projects, and remove blockers
- Manage all deliverables, both internally and externally with clients, and administer client feedback
- Proactively optimize for all front-end and back-end KPIs, using the full suite of available tools.
- Manage all day-to-day client interaction, deliverables, weekly reporting, and general campaign management
- Work with Client Partnerships team to assist Finance with any requests regarding billing, and provides support when needed towards invoicing clients on a monthly schedule
- Offer client well-thought out suggestions and recommendations based on history with client, performance and past experience.
- Construct cohesive reports that tell a strong performance story and include well-crafted recommendations for future partnerships.
- Collaborate with Client Partnerships team to present Wrap Reports internally and with Clients with confidence
What You Bring
- 3+ years of media experience preferably at a publisher, agency or brand
- Experience on both the pre and post sale side of digital advertising partnerships
- Deep experience with proposal generation, account management and client service
- Experience analyzing and optimizing campaign performance and reporting
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Accountability, personal organizational and project management skills are essential
- Deep understanding of customers concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Comscore, MS Office, Google Suite, Quantcast
- Strong understanding of client KPIs and ability to strategically align with Sherwood Media's products in order to achieve success
- Can effectively communicate performance, concerns/issues, handle any requests that come in.
- Craft thoughtful responses to clients' concerns and remain calm when diffusing an issue during a campaign.
- Communicates in a professional manner with all internal parties, and can effectively communicate performance, concerns/issues and requests.
- Strategic thinker with a can-do, solution oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
- Responsive, adaptive, flexible, proactive
What We Offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood's equity plan.
US Zone 1: $132000 - $155000
US Zone 2: $116000 - $136000
US Zone 3: $103000 - $121000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.