Deacon's New South in Nashville, TN is hiring SERVER ASSISTANTS to join our family! This is a great position to grow into the restaurant industry. We love to cross-train and promote from within.
Deacon's New South is a part of the A. Marshall Hospitality family of restaurants, which also includes 8 Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant locations, Scout's Pub, Burger Dandy and Deacon's New South. We are a growing business and are looking for a talented person with an energetic and positive personality to contribute to the company's growth. If you are interested in working for a company whose leadership is hands-on and invested in the development of its people, then we look forward to speaking with you.
- Position: Server Assistant
- Location:401 Church St, Nashville, TN
- Hours: Vary - Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays
- Pay Rate: $8.00/hr +tips
The Server Assistant is responsible for pre-bussing tables, clearing and cleaning tables, running food, assisting servers with tasks like drink refills, and maintaining a clean and organized work environment. This is a great position for anyone that is looking to get a foot in the door with an awesome company and continue their growth.
- Excellent Health Benefits Package for Employees averaging over 30 hours/week. We pay 50% of employee's medical insurance. Affordable dental and vision available to add on.
- Opportunity to enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- One week paid vacation for full time employees (35+ hours average) after 6 months.
- 30% off Skechers Shoe Program.
- 50% off in-house meals and apparel for you AND your immediate family at your home location.
- 50% off in-house meals and apparel at any of our affiliated restaurants for you as an employee.
- Paid breaks, or the opportunity to waive your break for tipped employees.
- A positive, fun and family-oriented work environment.
- Company newsletter to stay informed.
- Must pass the federally mandated E-verify process.
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a professional restaurant kitchen.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to conduct yourself in a positive and professional manner under all circumstances, including in a high paced environment.
Deacon's New South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender (includes pregnancy or related medical conditions), genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status or any other protected characteristics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We are drug-free, provide reasonable accommodations where requested and available and participate in the Federal E-Verify process.