The Communications team at Commit Partnership plays an important role in connecting our mission, vision, and impact directly with our target audiences across the state of Texas. We are seeking a passionate and creative individual with outstanding organization skills, strong writing ability and attention to detail to join our team as a Communications Associate.
This multifaceted position involves managing various communication-related tasks, including helping lead our internal communications efforts, media tracking, subscription management, contract execution, email database updates, and project management.
- Internal Communications: Help lead our internal communications efforts by curating and creating a weekly e-newsletter that highlights key activities, achievements, and updates for internal staff.
- Project Management: Support the communications team in coordinating and tracking various projects from across the organization. Assist in setting timelines, organizing project-related documents, and communicating updates to stakeholders.
- Document Management: Assist in managing and reconciling credit card expenses using the Expensify platform. Manage subscriptions to various publications, databases and services relevant to the communications team’s and organization’s needs. Ensure timely submission of expenses, accuracy in reporting, and compliance with organizational policies. Coordinate contract execution processes, including obtaining necessary approvals, signatures, and documentation.
- Media Tracking: Monitor media mentions, press coverage, and online mentions of the organization. Maintain a media tracking system and provide regular reports to the communications team.
- Writing and Social Posting: Assist in creating content for social media platforms, blog posts, and other communication materials as needed. Ensure content is aligned with the organization's brand voice and messaging.
- Email Database Updates: Regularly update the organization's email database, ensuring accuracy and completeness of contact information. Assist in segmenting the database for targeted communication efforts.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong organization skills and keen eye with attention to details
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency with social media platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for education and commitment to expanding educational opportunities for all students
- Graphic design experience (i.e. Canva)
- Journalism experience
- Salesforce experience
- Some experience with a content management system (i.e. Wordpress)
- Some experience with a social media scheduling platform (i.e. Hootsuite or Sprout Social)
- Some experience with Google Analytics
- Experience in internal communications
- Some experience with a digital email service such as Mailchimp
What Commit Partnership is Looking For:
At Commit Partnership, we believe that the potential to connect great content with key audiences is more important than specific credential requirements. We are seeking an individual who is:
- Relationship- and Results-Oriented: You are a problem solver with a service mindset who can manage projects from end to end and marshal the necessary people, information, and resources to get the job done.
- Creative and Curious: You have a passion for storytelling and a desire to learn about new trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Detail-Oriented: You have a keen eye for detail and can spot errors and inconsistencies in content and design.
- Equity-Focused: You have a deep belief in the potential of all students and a commitment to expanding educational opportunities for underserved communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to hire individuals with backgrounds similar to that of the stakeholders we serve.
About The Commit Partnership:
We believe that through our actions, Dallas County – which educates 10% of Texas and 1% of the nation– can be an inclusive and prosperous region where economic opportunity is shared equitably. That’s why our true north goal is that by 2040 at least half of all 25-34-year-old residents of Dallas County, irrespective of race, will be provided the opportunity to earn a living wage.
To increase living wage attainment, we must equitably increase educational success aligned with high-demand jobs, maximizing the cumulative impact from early education all the way to college, career, and/or military readiness and accessing and completing a strong postsecondary education. Our staff aligns community stakeholders around this shared future roadmap – analyzing data to lift up strategic initiatives that improve policies, practices, and funding that grow our community’s capacity to serve every student more effectively.
Founded in 2012, this partnership is the nation’s largest educational collective impact organization, composed of backbone staff and over 200 partners across Dallas County and the state of Texas working collaboratively to solve systemic education challenges. Our staff aligns community stakeholders around a shared future roadmap – analyzing data to lift up strategic initiatives that improve policies, practices, and funding that grow our community’s capacity to serve every student more effectively.
Together, we work to advocate for excellent and equitable public education that ensures all students – regardless of race, place, or socio-economic status – have the power to determine their future and earn a living wage. We do this work through several ventures including Early Matters Dallas, North Texas Tutoring Corps, Dallas County Promise, Texas College Bridge, Dallas Thrives, Commit’s Policy Team, the Texas Impact Network, and several coalitions.
Our core values create a mission-driven environment and champion us to do our best work each day.
- To best serve students, families, and the community we will act honestly and ethically in how we make both internal and external decisions, present data, and communicate with partners.
Equity & Inclusion
– We seek to help transform systems in ways that ensure every student has access to the resources they need. We do this by actively and explicitly working with others to create more equitable outcomes and processes.
- Our decisions are guided by multiple stakeholders, but ultimately rest upon one question: What is in the best interest of students?
– We are patient and persistent as we identify the most effective approaches to help create lasting systems change. Once identified, we prioritize and relentlessly attack systemic challenges with efficiency and excellence.
- We embrace the fact that our community’s success depends on our ability to work cohesively with each other and to constantly learn.
– It is important we bring a constant sense of optimism and have fun while taking on this difficult work.
The Commit Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to hire individuals with backgrounds similar to that of the stakeholders they serve. As an organization that embraces equity and inclusion, all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Commit does not sponsor visas of any kind.
Powered by JazzHR