Important Application Instructions
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic population of information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair application.
- Review information and double-check all fields containing information that the system parsed – the software is intelligent, but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the “My Experience” section, you will find a Resume/CV upload option where you can submit your cover letter and all other supporting documents.
If you have an expansive CV, we recommend that you apply manually and only include the positions you have held in the last ten (10) years. You will then be able to attach your Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting documentation in the "My Experience" section of your application.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Social Media and Communications Coordinator coordinates all facets of the College’s social media presence, serving as a content generator, facilitator and resource for faculty and staff in the College. The Social Media and Communications Coordinator also supports the Dean’s Office in large scale communication campaigns (i.e. newsletters, mass emails).
This position is part time and works 17.5 hours per week.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate social media sites for the college (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the College’s annual social media plan.
- Manage news and calendar content for the College, including the production of original content and the college’s monthly electronic newsletter.
- Serve as an expert resource for staff in other areas of the College who are charged with managing unit-level sites and social media, including providing training and consultations.
- Assure strategic messaging, digital accessibility, consistency, effectiveness, usability, accuracy and timeliness of digital communications across platforms.
- Assume responsibility for the creation and distribution of school-wide electronic and traditional publications celebrating and highlighting the school’s and faculty’s accomplishments.
- Work closely with College faculty and staff on the development and maintenance of department and program social media profile pages.
- Work closely with university Communications and Marketing in an effort to advance the school’s and university’s brand and social media presence.
- Serve on relevant committees and liaise with other relevant University offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Communications, Digital Media, Public Relations, Journalism, or similar field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Professional experience with common monitoring and reporting tools for social media.
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to maintaining currency in emerging theory, practice, and innovations in the marketing and communications field.
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas through widely accessible visual and written formats.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to working with diverse groups and communities.
- Professional experience in a large university with a highly diverse student population.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how their background, skills and education match the needs of the University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read and follow the steps in the application instructions.
Professional - Non-Faculty
For questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources' Workday Recruiting Support at 973-655-5000 (Option 2)
, or email email@example.com.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy
Montclair State is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities. The requirement to not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities extends to admission and employment. For further details, please visit: https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/