C.O. Bigelow is the nation's oldest apothecary. For nearly two centuries we have served some of the country's most prominent personalities and have remained true to our traditions, transporting customers back to a place of personalized attention, customized formulas and healing therapeutic natural preparations.
Our retail store and eCommerce site offer a wide assortment of our favorite brands and products from around the globe as well as our own C.O. Bigelow Brand of beauty and personal care products. But our secret sauce is our people who are passionate about the products we offer and passionate about the people we serve.
We are looking for a highly motivated and beauty-obsessed Digital Marketing Manager to join our small but mighty team. You will report to the President and will be responsible for driving the strategic planning, execution, and measurement of our 360 degree marketing campaigns for C.O. Bigelow Retail across several digital channels including web, email, and display ads. You will create digital marketing campaigns that drive sales for our beauty brands, while supporting the strategic brand objectives of C.O. Bigelow. You will evaluate the performance of all digital programs, delivering key insights to drive conversions and loyalty. You will facilitate the creation of all marketing deliverables for the store, including copy and visual assets for each channel. You will measure and report on the success of all marketing initiatives and campaigns, identify insights, and make actionable recommendations for growing the online business. We are looking for a self-starter who is hands-on, resourceful, and can effectively lead and motivate a team.
- Define and implement our digital marketing communications plan and strategy across email and paid media channels
- Build relationships with our beauty brands and identify key opportunities to grow sales via sampling programs and promotions
- Plan and manage our yearly marketing calendar to support key launches, promotions, and commercial periods
- Develop our store’s messaging that is inline with our values for our digital channels
- Work with our email agency to create, A/B test, segment, and approve all digital communications to drive engagement, conversions, and loyalty
- Ideate and create all copy for semi-weekly newsletter campaigns, based on sell-through goals and seasonal opportunities
- Provide creative direction, copy, and digital assets to our designer
- Track email KPIs and identify opportunities for subscriber growth and retention
- Execute and continuously optimize all email programs across the full customer lifecycle including acquisition, onboarding, activation, retention and reactivation
- Perform customer segmentation analytics (behavioral, demographic) and formulate segmentation strategies within our current customer base
- Report on key channel metrics using dashboards in Klaviyo and Google Analytics; develop clear competitive benchmarks and make recommendations
- Develop and own our Loyalty Program to reward and retain our highest-value and most loyal customers, focused on participation and upward migration
- Align with our Web/Merchandising teams on the creation of promotional pages/banners
- Collaborate with our C.O. Bigelow Brand Manager on required assets/messaging for seasonal promotions,
- Liaise with our Social Media Manager to ensure that campaigns are amplified across all social platforms and harness UGC
- Point-of-contact for paid media agency, communicating business goals, brand activities, and reviewing media performance; coordinate delivery and approval process for ad creative and copy
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of product marketing and direct marketing experience across channels, including: email, segmentation, personalization, referral, loyalty/rewards
- Experience working in a direct-to-consumer online business. Beauty industry is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Klaviyo, Google Analytics and reporting
- Understanding of channels, campaigns and content optimization through purchase funnel
- Demonstrate ownership of programs, embracing both big picture objectives while owning in-depth details of each program
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Canva
- Master in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Excellent copywriter, passionate about beauty
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to build relationships with our brands and outside agencies
- Extremely organized with high attention to detail
- Data-driven and analytical mindset
- Ability to manage and multitask projects, while working in a small-cross-functional team
- Accountable, flexible, determined, a team player with a positive attitude
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic - must be resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity and rapid rates of change
This is a full-time, hybrid position. You must be local and be able to travel to our office in Greenwich Village.