Oglethorpe University, a liberal arts university in Atlanta, GA,is seeking a Career Development Coordinator. This role is designed to facilitate employer relations programs, services, and events to promote student recruitment in employment or experiential learning and internship opportunities. The coordinator will be responsible for cultivating relationships and identifying career opportunities with corporate, nonprofit, public, and private employers. The coordinator will supervise student assistants. This position will interact on a regular basis with: Faculty, alumni, employer representatives, and students. The coordinator will also assist in building OU’s internship program, offer career readiness workshops, assist with the alumni mentorship program, and edit the career development newsletter.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Establish and nurture new employer relationships and maintain healthy relationships with existing employer partners.
- Maintain employer database via Handshake and manage the employer vetting and approval process.
- Aid employers interested in developing an internship program and advise on DOL and NACE regulations.
- Innovate new opportunities for students and employers to connect through virtual and in-person spaces.
- Attend professional networking events to build and foster new partnership opportunities
- Recruit and coordinate employer takeovers/features for social media.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations to engage alumni in opportunities to connect with students during career panels, resume reviews, mock interviews, networking events, and mentorship.
- Serve as the point-person for Mentor Collective, working closely with Alumni Relations to connect students with alumni and professional mentors.
- Coordinate the planning, logistics, and communication for Career Development events, both virtual and in-person, including but not limited to fairs, panels, tabling, and networking.
- Build relationships between faculty and campus partners to grow opportunities for internships, career excursions, class projects, class visits and access to jobs.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting students to apply for identified internship opportunities
- Assist in the development of an effective communications strategy, including curation of a list of high-priority opportunities for students through monthly newsletter , Beyond the Petrel’s Nest
- Manage the student team from hiring, the day-to-day assignments, performance evaluations, and professional development.
- Oversee the content creation of Marketing Intern for social media.
- Support Internship for Credit process with student and faculty communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-pacedenvironment
- Ability to be self-directed
- Ability to work independently and seek guidance as needed
- Excellent information system and database management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and virtual communication skills
- Professionalism and ability to work with all constituencies
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience with student counseling or mentorship preferred
- Event management skills
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Two to three years of job-related experience
- Two or more years of experience as a recruiter, sourcing, talent acquisition/talent management
- Experience working with Chambers of Commerce or organizations focused on economic development
- Experience with the HANDSHAKE software platform
- Experience in diversity, inclusion or multicultural program management, career services, or employer relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with wide audiences effectively. Strong ability to collaborate with multiple and diverse constituents to accomplish goals.
Qualified Applicants should submit a resume; name and contact information for three professional references; and a cover letter describing your approach to employer recruitment, building relationships with stakeholders, and overall fit for the position.