Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you’ll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We’re seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
Nicholson School Of Communication And Media
The Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM) is an interdisciplinary school that includes the Communication, Film and Mass Media, the Games and Interactive Media programs and the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA).
The University of Central Florida (UCF) Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM) in the College of Sciences (COS) seeks qualified applicants for a Marketing Communications Assistant to promote NSCM to internal and external audiences through the NSCM website and other publications and materials.
- Execute requests to update the NSCM main website and staff/faculty website, including updating staff and faculty profiles, integrating new media, fixing broken links and making changes that improve ease of use.
- Assist members of the NSCM community with designing and editing materials for NSCM events and event planning, adding information to the NSCM event calendar, and creating promotional gift packages.
- Perform research and schedule meetings to discuss opportunities and upcoming events for the Communication & Outreach (CAO) team to prioritize news stories, media shoots and networking engagement.
- Supervise and support CAO team members to ensure branding and style compliance, including reviewing content made for the newsletter and social media.
- Liaise with NSCM administrators to improve the presence NSCM has on communication platforms, including but not limited to, social media, the NSCM website, digital signage, and monthly and weekly communication channels within the school.
- Track the inventory and availability of products and materials (NSCM promotional gifts), including maintaining and organizing an appropriate stock of available items, communicating with the vendor to restock items according to deadline.
- Research various cost factors for prospective marketing campaigns to improve NSCM marketing materials, website design, digital design and communication channels and present them to the CAO Assistant Director and the NSCM Director. Collect data from various sources to propose new ways for NSCM to network and create partnership with local news, academic and political organizations.
- Support NSCM leadership through regular communication with community members and entities outside of UCF as a representative of NSCM.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CAO Assistant Director and NSCM Director.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with photo and video editing software, especially with Adobe Creative.
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding.
- Strong communication skills, including oral, written, editing and presentation.
- Ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities quickly; work independently and as a member of a team; communicate clearly and concisely (both orally and in writing); organize and manage multiple priorities, and work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media in support of organizational purposes.
- Knowledge of and experience in electronic information and data dissemination, web project management, website content management and web-based graphic design, and social media and electronic communication, with experience with digital technologies and channels.
Additional Application Materials Required
A current resume and a cover letter expressing interest in the position and detailing relevant experience.
Special Instructions To The Applicants
Applications will only be considered if all the required materials are received. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials have been uploaded correctly.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Are Benefits Important to You?
In Addition To Helping Drive Change And Having a Positive Impact By Supporting Our Students, Staff, And Faculty, UCF Offers
Working at UCF has its perks.
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to the UCF Employee Benefits page click here.
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Nicholson School of Communication and Media (NSCM)
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - May vary due to events
Type of Appointment
$17.64 to Negotiable
Job Posting End Date
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.