- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale’s & Macy’s Stores
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints—from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie’s—everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Administrative Support Colleague (ASC) supports the GM and the Customer Experience, executes store administrative functions and supports the People Strategy. The ASC is both customer and colleague facing and has responsibility for providing a great customer experience and delivering high touch organization and communication skills that support total store and HR initiatives and functions.
- SUPPORTS THE GM AND THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Serve as gatekeeper for GM schedule and point person for escalated customer/employee issues.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring both the in-store and online customers are always the top priority. Service customers who visit the Executive Office / Store Manager office for assistance.
- Respond and address customer concerns quickly whether in person, TUWYT or NPS feedback.
- Participate in the production of the store daily communication newsletter.
- Produce GM required correspondence.
- Floor present as needed to support store. Will be required to work a schedule equivalent to a Selling Leader.
- SUPPORTS STORE ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
- Assist with development and update of executive schedules.
- Execute travel planning and expense report coordination for GM.
- Manage all Conference Calls, Skype meetings and other meetings.
- Maintain awareness of all business plans and initiatives involving all store participation.
- Develop and maintain all store reports.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze reports, continually improve upon them and provide appropriate versions for visits, leadership meetings and special projects.
- Executes store compliance strategy
- Primary responsibility for Cash Office functions
- SUPPORTS THE PEOPLE STRATEGY
- Assists store management in sourcing applicants through online resources and in-store referral program.
- Ensure payroll functions, including requesting final pay (where applicable), are maintained and processed.
- Assist in Professional Development Review process; input scores, print and distribute reviews, follow up for completion and submission for record retention process.
- Ensures People Leader completion of review and goal setting processes (60/90 PDR, ACE, annual goals)
- Oversees candidate management process including recruiting, modern hire interview, candidate correspondence, and coordination of onboarding
- Retains documents through Imaging Documenting System and in-store hires
- Plans and executes recognition activities and all-store communication meetings
- Culture Pulse Survey – drive colleague participation in Culture Pulse Survey
- Manages schedule edits for the BSMs during the transitions to “No Edits
Qualifications And Competencies
- High Scool Diploma or equivalent required
1-2 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking, reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Blue Mercury – is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.