Driver Services, Georgia Department of
21 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Internship – 25 hours per week/ (Excellent Experience/School Credit)
Main Work location: Conyers
Duties and Responsibilities
The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) is seeking an energetic and creative Communications Intern.
This position is responsible for assisting on various projects and marketing initiatives while engaging with and supporting, both internal and external customers such as the Commissioner, Division Directors, the public, media and press. As an Intern, this person has an opportunity to share input and ideas during meetings and brainstorming sessions. Excellent communication skills are a must. Applicant should have an outgoing personality and enjoy collaborating in a team environment.
- Video editing and production
- Graphic Design
- Assist with the marketing plan, strategies, and materials for customer outreach
- Content Creation for social media
- Other job duties as assigned (planning events, assisting with photography, etc.)
Other Skills Useful In a Creative Marketing Environment.
- Applicants must have training or experience in the use of computers or computer applications (e.g. word processing, presentation software, desktop publishing).
- Must have a genuine interest in business communications, state government and marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience preparing newsletters, press releases and other marketing materials.
- 2.0 Overall GPA or better and currently enrollment in an accredited college or university majoring in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Recent graduate-No more than one (1) year post-college graduation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Current academic transcript
- Meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States
- Meet any additional requirements of the attending school's Internship program.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Experience creating videos using programs not limited to Adobe Premier Pro and/or Final Cut Pro X for example; creative concept development; newsletter design experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
- Experience creating social media content.
All resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, all applicants may not be interviewed. Application materials should be filled out carefully and completely.
An incomplete application/online resume with insufficient information may result in an applicant not being considered for a vacancy.
Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status over the telephone.
If you are having issues with your profile or application, contact the Taleo Helpdesk at 1-877-318-2772 or HRA@doas.ga.gov.
Information in this announcement is subject to change.
Use The Following Link To Apply For This Position
- Agency Logo:
- Requisition ID: GEN005O
- Number of Openings: 1
- Advertised Salary: 12.00
- Shift: Day Job
- Posting End Date: Sep 22, 2023