Please read this before applying:
This position offers compensation in equity only with an early-stage startup. The app is already available for download on iOS and Android. This role involves an appetite for risk and taking on a more entrepreneurial position with associated responsibilities, which may not be suitable for everyone.
Upliftful connects music entrepreneurs with industry experts to provide them access to a network of experienced professionals. Our experts include Grammy winners, multi-platinum producers, songwriters, and musicians with credits ranging from 50 Cent to Taylor Swift.
We also have managers, publicists, label executives, agents, publishers, and others who can help young people from anywhere get personalized insight into their careers. Our mission is to level the playing field by breaking down barriers and providing guidance, access, and encouragement.
We value openness, ownership, and the ability to deliver and support opportunities to people worldwide. Join our team and play a role in supporting the next generation of successful artists and filmmakers.
- Maintain a positive sentiment within the community.
- Work with the Marketing team/partners to communicate information through announcements/channels.
- Liaise with the team on feedback from the community.
- Schedule/host community events (physical and virtual).
- Create social media content for Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Create and publish newsletters and other marketing communications.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of and passion for music and entrepreneurship.
- Personal experience as a creator and/or entrepreneur within the entertainment industry.
- Exceptional copywriting skills and the ability to create a consistent brand voice.
- Active and professional experience with Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn (experience with other platforms like Reddit, YouTube, etc. is a bonus).
- Strong work ethic, communication skills, entrepreneurial mindset, and business development abilities.
- Effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape.
- Patience in helping those who are new.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in organically growing an entertainment or music community
- Experience in micro-influencer marketing
- Experience in newsletter marketing
- Experience with tech startups and mobile apps
- Comfortable with public speaking and event hosting
- Proficient in Photoshop or similar graphic and video design/editing tools