- _Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here._**
- _Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of._**
**Who We Are…**
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the
bringing our characters to life, the
bringing them to your living rooms and the
creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
**Your New Role…**
The Associate Programming Editor will help package and promote content across Web channels for CNN Digital’s reviews and recommendations site, CNN Underscored.
In this role, the Associate Programming Editor will promote Underscored content across the CNN desktop and mobile homepages, CNN mobile app, and CNN Underscored landing pages and will help determine the best strategies for optimizing distribution across CNN channels with the goal of increasing traffic, conversions and revenue. Daily tasks include writing headlines, switching out imagery, sending push alerts, and using data to drive audience and revenue goals through promotion of Underscored content on CNN Web channels.
The ideal candidate has experience packaging and/or programming content for a digital media publication, sharp analytical and data literacy skills, and experience writing, editing and testing headlines and photos for article promotion. We are seeking someone who has a passion for product recommendation and shopping content, stays current on news and cultural trends, and is excited about programming high-quality service journalism content for a large audience of news consumers. Familiarity with the e-commerce space is a huge plus.
This role will also provide support, as needed, to the Underscored email newsletter editor, and will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to the larger editorial team that will lead to new approaches to promotion and/or coverage.
The hours for this position are 1pm EST – 9 pm EST / 10 AM PST – 6 PM PST, Sunday – Thursday. This role would be ideal for someone located in the Pacific time zone or someone comfortable working nights and weekends.
**Your Role Accountabilities…**
- Program Underscored content on the CNN desktop and mobile homepage and app, and the Underscored landing page
- A/B test headlines and imagery to boost traffic and conversion rates
- Contribute efforts with another programming editor on team to improve overall programming strategies
- Coordinate with Data Insights team to program optimal content for CNN’s nights and weekend audience
- Identify content gaps and analyze audience data and communicate these insights across Editorial, Programming, and Business teams
- Regularly seek out new opportunities to optimize existing content to boost revenue and page view performance
- Fill in, as needed, for the email newsletter editor
**Qualifications & Experience…**
- Must have some experience promoting or writing/editing content for a digital publisher
- Available to work from Sunday – Thursday, 1pm– 9pm EST / 10am – 6pm PST
- Comfortable using data to inform editorial decisions and work across different teams
- Organized, detail-orientated, and a good communicator
- Enjoys reading the news and is familiar with the latest cultural trends
- Must have sharp analytical skills
- Flawless grammar & spelling
- Strong editorial instinct and headline writing skills are a plus
- Experience with e-commerce and programming a homepage is a major plus
- Experience using data tools such as Looker, Chartbeat, Parse.ly a major plus
**How We Get Things Done…**
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/
along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
**The Legal Bits…**
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $54,600.00 - $101,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.