KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools is part of the growing network of KIPP Public Schools. KIPP Public Schools is a national network of free, open enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to supporting all students to reach their highest aspirations. There are 270 KIPP schools across the nation serving more than 120,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students have a 4X higher graduation rate than that of their peers.
KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eleven KIPP schools including four primary schools, five middle schools, one K-8 school, and one high school, as well as the KIPP Forward program which supports students through college, career, and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Manager will play an integral role in helping KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools share its story internally and externally by managing critical communications projects. This individual will be an essential part of the Impact Team and will work with schools and the regional support teams to increase the ease, frequency, consistency and quality of internal and external communications.
You must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to creatively problem-solve to accomplish our shared goals - working across teams and with our school staff.
Internal and External Communications Project Management 60%
- Ensure timely delivery of excellent internal and external e-newsletters, press releases and media advisories.
- Collaborate with members of the development, talent, KIPP Forward and external affairs teams to coordinate the content creation process, design newsletter structure, and manage the creation process to ensure timely and consistent delivery of communications.
- Help develop and support systems necessary for schools and the support team to generate high-quality content suitable for publication on social media, websites and newsletters.
Managing Online Presence 30%
- Manage KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools' social media accounts, and serve as a resource for KMAS teams who seek to engage with online advertising and social media campaigns.
- Manage KMAS website content and analytics and support all campuses in website maintenance.
- Lead community of practice among schools to improve social media presence; lead social media planning committee.
Team Support and Events 10%
- Assist with KMAS special events such as Night of Impact, AYSTAK, Reveal the Shield, and other events and provide general administrative support as needed.
- Lead regional photography and videography initiatives including arrangement and management of KMAS vendors.
- 3+ years of professional work experience with a background in urban education preferred
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, partners and audiences
- Strong analytic, strategic and problem-solving skills
- A passion for being a part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- Values input and feedback
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours to support student recruitment efforts
- Ability to travel to school sites
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related fields
The salary range for this role is $60,000-$70,000 and depends on prior experience, as well as a benefits package including
- Healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
- Life and Long-term Disability
- Additional Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Enrollment in the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (mandatory for all employees)
Statement of Non-Discrimination
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.