Kiplinger is the leader in personal finance news and business reporting. It’s the go-to destination for personal finance information in the US providing advice on a range of topics including investing, tax, retirement planning and more.
Kiplinger is seeking an editor to work on stories in the investing space for the brand’s website, including daily stock market news as well as more evergreen basics and strategies. This person will have knowledge in investing topics to be able to edit multiple high-level articles per day for Kiplinger’s informed readers. We expect this person to have an eye for both grammar and technical information, with high standards to get information right.
- Edit 2-6 articles per day from staff and freelancers
- Manage freelance assignments as needed
- Produce and occasionally write stories on the Kiplinger CMS
- Edit for clarity, accuracy, style and voice
- Contribute to investing-related newsletter as needed
What do I need to succeed?
- At least 4-6 years of digital editing experience, with experience in business/investing coverage
- In-depth knowledge of investing topics
- Attention to detail and eye for style
- Understanding of SEO practices
- Ability to manage stakeholders, including team leadership and reporters, while working through content
- Some people or freelance management experience a plus
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year and access to our unique Value Creation Plan
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Internal job family level E6
Please note, the salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Want to know more… https://youtu.be/xxfSvjPuZdc
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers