The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with program managers throughout SCDNR to ensure SCDNR offered programming is available to the African American populations of South Carolina.
Job Duties Include
- Developing and implementing a Community Engagement Plan (for African American populations) with goals, objectives, target areas, priority issues, strategies, time lines, budgets and evaluation methods.
- Evaluating the plan annually and updating it based on evaluation results from previous years.
- Coordinating the production and distribution of monthly newsletter, brochures, public service announcements and social media postings in the community engagement platforms.
- Serving as SCDNR instructor and customer service representative.
- Including: providing accurate information in person, over the phone, social media and via email for questions from the public in regards to regulation, licenses and SCDNR educational programs.
- Answers questions at events, over the phone, or via email in regards to regulations, licenses
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of educational programs within the Community Engagement Program.
- Maintaining relationships with national and local partners, state DNR agencies, and appropriate committees to determine potential funding sources, national outreach efforts and successful outreach programs that can be implemented within South Carolina.
- Staying abreast of current outreach and marketing research related to African American populations.
- Assisting Community Engagement Manager to complete and maintain records of customer service requests and program volunteers.
Minimum And Additional Requirements
A bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related experience.
Bachelor's degree and experience related to dissemination of information material. Preferred degree in marketing, communications, environmental education, natural resources, fisheries or similar wildlife management degree. Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter. Ability to communicate and coordinate with program managers throughout SCDNR. Strong working knowledge of Facebook and Instagram, including content creation and use of analytics. Proficient in Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.