Summary of Job
This position plays an instrumental role in the design and implementation of all graphics projects and marketing materials, from concept to production. Working closely in partnership with the internal business leads, the Creative Services Manager ensures delivery of superior clear, concise, and compelling packaging and marketing collateral. The Manager will lead and direct the in-house graphics team in the production of all branded, retail, and foodservice materials, as well as new brand and private label packaging.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Acts as creative consultant to protect, maintain and improve brand standards.
- Presents design concepts and creative content to clients and manages the delivery process and workflow to meet project goals.
- Manages all active requests for creative, setting deliverable dates to set and meet client expectations. Provide regular status updates on each project.
- Manages team of in-house designers to ensure production deadlines are met and that artwork is free of errors and upholds brand standards and quality.
- Manages vendors and freelance designers as needed, ensuring accountability in meeting production milestones, and budget guidelines.
- Collaborate with Marketing and other partners to develop strategies to deliver fresh creative solutions.
- Design, create and execute the production of all sales flyers, catalogs, promotional materials, web graphics and social media ads as needed.
- Assist in reviewing content submitted by staff for publication of Corporate Newsletter.
- Maintain Project Management Software to ensure transparency and tracking of all open projects.
- Point of contact for Mount Franklin Foods customers as it relates to packaging (changes and new items), portals, and all other requests.
- Evaluate on-going needs of department structure, workflow, and software.
- Stay abreast of design tools, digital media platforms and industry trends.
- Other projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a similar field is required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in graphic design, packaging design or advertising and 3+ years in project management preferred.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Must have strong project management skills to plan, prioritize, organize, and delegate work effectively.
- Knowledge of B2C and B2B marketing and customer service.
- Ability to manage departmental budgets.
- Expertise with Illustrator, Photoshop, and other digital imaging tools used in the product of print and electronic communications.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Workfront preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Creative, Confident, Collaborative
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamically changing environment.
- Skilled at working in a team and independently.
- Proactive, with a high level of organization.
- Always demonstrates professional ethics and demeanor.
- Information management
- Persuasive communication
- Research and planning
- Problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Emotional intelligence
- Active listening
- Effective communication
- Time management
- Growth mindset