Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Global Initiatives, the Global Initiatives Temporary Communications and Social Media Assistant will plan, develop, and implement social media content and communications for Global Initiatives (GI). An ideal candidate would be a self-starter with initiative and strong organizational skills, together with the ability to work in a focused, strategic fashion and follow assigned projects through to completion, both independently and in a team.
- With Global Initiatives (GI) team and student assistant team, develop and manage a social media content calendar for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms
- Monitor social media engagement, and respond to comments & messages across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, LinkedIn etc.)
- Design marketing materials for events and initiatives
- Capture and film video content, edit video for use across channels
- As assigned, collaboratively evolve social media goals for the department
- Collaborate with the Berklee Office of Media Relations to coordinate press releases for major department events and initiatives
- Create and manage e-mail communications for program participants
- Develop, curate, and oversee newsletter outreach for Global Initiatives
- Other office-related duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree with related major
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organized, attentive to detail, sensitive to confidential information.
- Experience with social media content creation and management.
- Well-versed in recording and editing videos for social media and Youtube
- Experience creating marketing materials using software such as Photoshop or Canva
- Language: English (required). Second languages, especially Spanish, Korean or Chinese would be a plus
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee:
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Temporary (Fixed Term)