The Travel Trade Assistant, Leisure – North America is responsible for supporting the team of Account Managers and Account Directors in Leisure Sales located in the assigned territories through timely and accurate delivery of a series of administrative tasks.
The role is responsible for keeping in regular contact with the Customers managed by the team of Account Directors within the geographic market, assisting them with conversion of FIT enquiries, special requests, investigations on unpaid commissions, etc.
The role is also required to have regular communications with the sales teams at property level, to ensure the information provided to Customers is always current and personalized.
The purpose of this role is to alleviate the administrative burden from the above sales teams, allowing them to effectively concentrate on business development and revenue generation. Another important purpose of this role is a personal contribution to enhance the overall Customer experience by minimizing the time elapsing between a Customer request and the elaboration of a personalized answer.
The role is a fully remote, work from home position. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Central Time Zone of the United States.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bellini Club Administration- Assist the Bellini Club concierge with various tasks and activities for all member agencies owned by Account Directors / Managers within the assigned geographic territories. These might include proof for accuracy of all annual agreements, assisting with invitations and google worksheets, revenue tracking and more.
- Consortia + Account Updates & Maintenance- Ensure all relevant information about agency consortia members is updated on a regular basis along with updates of contacts of other agencies as required by the Account Directors.- Enter new prospect accounts into OSC as directed by the Account Directors/Managers- Create group proposals for Account Directors and input opportunity into Oracle Sales Cloud
- Tour Operators and Non-retail Accounts- Assist Account Directors/Managers in ensuring the websites of Tour Operators are reflective of accurate Belmond product information and all info is portrayed to be on brand - Complete competitive analysis as required by Account Directors/Managers, research Accounts that sell and promote direct competitors
- Database Management- Maintain accurate and up to date Account and Contact data in OSC as directed by Account Directors / Managers- Prepare sales activities reports from OSC as directed by Senior Account Director and Divisional Director- Monitor Tableau to ensure all revenue is accounted for and accurate- Work with London Tableau/OSC teams to ensure correct reporting processes are in place for revenue management- Work closely with the Trains and Cruises team to ensure Travel Studio is up to date- Maintain, design and format ASAP worksheet on an annual basis
- Production and Sales Reports- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly production reports as required by Account Directors / Managers, with proficient and proactive use of all available Account Management and Business Intelligence tools (OSC, Tableau, Pipeline Tracker, Groups Drumbeat, etc.)
- Product Knowledge and Presentations- Be constantly informed of all latest Belmond products’ news, offers, promotions, etc.- Provide sales teams with access to the most current presentations, collateral for every Belmond product through Info Hub and every other available source of information- Monitor trade emails for requests and registrations for the extranet site- Monthly Newsletters - prepare monthly newsletter for Account Directors to share with their individual accounts.- Assist in preparing ppt and pdf presentations for Account Directors and Divisional Director of Sales- Share all product marketing initiatives and promotion with the Account Directors
- Customer Events- Assist as requested Account Directors/Managers, and Travel Trade Support Manager in organizing, planning and executing all Customer events, including roadshows, trade shows, sales missions, and inbound sales trips for property-based sales directors.- Assist in setting up and managing WebEx product training sessions for both property-based sales directors and above property account directors / managers- Support Account Directors/Managers with the organization and delivery of virtual Customer sales events and presentations- Manage invitation process to all sales events, RSVPs, follow-ups, and all administrative communications to Customers and Property-based sales team on behalf of Account Directors/Managers- Assist Account Directors with pre/post administrative operations for fam trips
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of products and competitive market
- Basic understanding of marketing and use of design tools in order to support marketing team
- Computer skills, including, but not limited to use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Teams
- Excellent interpersonal, sales-related and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and achieve deadlines
Belmond provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Employees are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The Company also offers 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays.