$51,979.20 - $63,190.40 Annually
THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County Health And Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities.
COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
The Health and Human Services Agency's Community Services Division is responsible for the administration of older adult programs for El Dorado County residents 60 years of age and older. These services include: Senior Nutrition, Senior Shuttle, Older Adult Day Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman, and many more! In addition to the services to seniors, Community Services also administers Veteran Affairs, Animal Services, Public Housing Authority, HEAP & Weatherization programs. LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The ideal candidate for this vacancy will have exceptional customer service skills, experience working in a fast-paced environment serving low-income and senior households and display initiative in carrying out assignments. Experience interviewing clients, determining program eligibility and working with difficult customers as well as being a team player and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work is required. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience leading teams and/or projects and conducting community outreach activities. THE OPPORTUNITY
Plan, coordinate and direct staff and activities for special programs designed to meet the needs of the senior community or to assist low-income families.The Selected Candidate Will Have The Opportunity To
- Develop program goals and ensures implementation and compliance with contractual or funding agency requirements; participates in the development of the program budget.
- Supervise and coordinate day to day operation of varied senior and family services programs such as rental assistance, food distribution, emergency shelter, information and referral, emergency crisis intervention and senior activities and transportation.
- Provide day-to-day direction, work review and evaluation to assigned staff and volunteers; train staff in work procedure.
- Maintain fiscal records and prepares reports and documentation to ensure that spending is within contractual limitations.
- Direct the receipt and review of program applications and the determinations.
- Design and implement outreach activities and referral systems to ensure that target populations are reached.
- Evaluate program effectiveness; recommend and implement policy and procedural changes to enhance program effectiveness.
- Writer and edit written educational or information materials, such as fliers, brochures, and a newsletter.
- Counsel and advise applicants based on their needs and makes appropriate referrals to other community services as applicable.
- Correspond and confer with local community agencies involved in seniors and low income family services to maximize program usefulness; make presentations to various groups to promote departmental services.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description here .Minimum Qualifications
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations. Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.Education & Experience Requirements
Equivalent to possession of an Associate of Arts degree with major coursework in social services, psychology or a related field
two years of experience in performing social service program eligibility determinations or program support work at a level equivalent to the County's class of Program Assistant.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Program Coordinator - Senior Nutrition, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply" link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept".
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Nicholas Jetton in Human Resources at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
A training and experience evaluation will be utilized to determine an applicant's ability to continue in the recruitment process ranking for referral to specific vacancies. Based upon the information in the application and/or responses to supplemental questions, the applicant's education, training and experience will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Additional Information
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for the Program Coordinator - LIHEAP. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, limited term and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months.We Currently Have The Following Vacancies
- One (1) full time vacancy in the Health and Human Services Agency - Community Services, located in Placerville, CA.
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include drug testing, including but not limited to marijuana. A positive test may result in the revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here area few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
Employees that are buying a home in El Dorado County may qualify for down payment assistance. Click here for more information.
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Small Business Shops
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
Closing Date/Time: 9/12/2023 11:59 PM Pacific