Hiring: Senior Communications Manager
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Hybrid)
Duration: 12+ months
Type: W2 Contract
- Responsible for developing communications strategies that will facilitate changes required for the company’s growth and continuous improvement.
- Develop innovative communications solutions tailored to internal and external customer needs, produce messages that align with business strategies, and ensure that activities are implemented efficiently and within prescribed deadlines.
Job Specific Requirements
- Senior Communications Manager
- Seeking an experienced communications professional for our Engineering and technology team. The ideal candidate is a passionate storyteller, strong team player, and self-starter who has a passion for delivering excellent work that supports business goals. The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to help shape how the company communicates to its ~5,500 global engineering and technology employees and messages about innovation and sustainability to its ~55,000 employees and external stakeholders.
- To be successful, you will have phenomenal communication, copywriting and project management skills and experience in corporate communications. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike. You are dependable, detail-oriented, and organized with a demonstrated history of communicating in a personal and impactful way within a global, corporate setting. The position will report to the Associate Director, Office of the CTO and Technology Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field of study required.
- 7+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, or related fields, preferably for global and multinational audiences with an excellent portfolio and proven track record.
- Exceptionally strong written (copywriting and editing) and verbal communication skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complex issues into easy-to-understand words and illustrations/infographics/videos.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and passion for delivering high-quality work. Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting with senior executives and making recommendations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and work with dedication and commitment to deliver excellence under aggressive deadlines while balancing multiple projects.
- Problem-solver who rises to challenges with a positive, can-do attitude while exhibiting sound judgment.
- Design, photo, and video-editing skills with proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Prosci Change Management Practitioner
- AP Style writing experience
- Manage communication channels to engage 5,500+ global engineering employees (monthly newsletter, quarterly Town Hall, Engineering SharePoint site, etc.)
- Develop and execute internal and external communications to highlight priorities and successes and Carrier’s innovation and sustainability leadership across Carrier’s 55,000+ employees and external stakeholders (executive emails, newsletters, Carrier.com articles, LinkedIn posts, press releases, etc.); curate content, obtain reviews, approvals, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Plan and execute integrated communication campaigns for events (Inventors Day, Engineers Week, International Women in Engineering Day, etc.), and the rollout of new programs and changes.
- Ensure simple, consistent, cohesive, appropriately targeted communications that are engaging and meet objectives.
- Develop simple, conversational, and visual communications.
- Ensure communications support the Carrier’s brand.
- Maintain accurate employee distribution lists.
- Track metrics and make recommendations to improve engagement.
- Support the development of executive presentations to ensure clear, concise messaging and cohesive, brand-compliant design.
- Foster relationships with executives and other key stakeholders.
- Awards & Recognition
- Lead engineering’s global awards program.
- Event planning and coordination
- Support the planning and execution of workshops and other events as needed.