South Kentucky RECC
Purpose Of Position
To provide communications support to SKRECC, as directed by the Communications Administrator. This position will be involved in many aspects of communication with a heavy emphasis on increasing our social media presence across all venues including video production.
Minimum Job Specifications
These specifications are not intended to cover all aspects of the position as the scope and duties may change or be altered based on the business needs of the cooperative.
- Requires Associates Degree - Communications, Web Development, or (Bachelor's degree preferred) or minimum of three years' experience in related field.
- Requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Requires above average interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, organization, planning, and follow-up skills.
- Requires excellent attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to ensure that assignments are completed in a timely manner while working with many different deadlines.
- Must be capable of working independently with little supervision and possess the willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, desktop publishing software, and all social media platforms.
- Requires the ability to provide communications assistance after normal business hours to include but not limited to initiating, monitoring, and responding to social media communications, following-up on outage situations, as well as other critical situations and inquiries; keeping members up-to-date on events, outages, programs etc. on social media.
- Requires the ability to actively engage and comply with all safety programs and initiatives; which includes the ability to satisfactorily pass a drug screen; and obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
General office conditions with some business travel. Both inside general office conditions and outside environmental exposure. Varied work hours in accordance with assigned schedule. Require the physical ability in stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, grasping, talking, and hearing.
Internal: Coordinate and communicate with Communications Administrator, Executive Team, and other employees to maintain interoffice communications. Follow cooperative communication objectives to align with cooperative's goals and initiatives.
External: Provides in-person support for community initiatives as assigned, and on-line communications related to improving member services while strengthening the SKRECC brand.
The following requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
South Kentucky RECC
Position Description/Essential Duties
The following are the essential duties of this position. The essential duties do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and the duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of South Kentucky RECC. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
While performing the essential functions of their role the Communications Generalist will consistently demonstrate competencies which include but are not limited to:
- Functional/technical skills; demonstrating the functional and technical capabilities to successful utilize current and new communication tools at a high level of accomplishment
- Learning on the fly; demonstrating the ability to learn quickly; being agile and versatile to meet the needs of the organization; open to change and looking for opportunities to bring forward solutions
- Organizational agility; getting things done both through formal channels and informal networks
- Time management; using their time effectively and efficiently; shifting focus to more important priorities; ability to attend to a broader range of activities
- Responsible for Social Media, Website, and Member Portal updates.
- Ability to modify SKRECC website, recommend upgrades, and analyze traffic flow.
- Create web/internet content for approval from Communications Supervisor.
- Point of contact for changes to the SKRECC intranet (WattsUp).
- Maintain timely postings for the Co-op through all avenues of social media.
- Route or respond to web submissions/questions, including after-hours.
- Monitors web activity for any responses to posts that need to be escalated to the Communications Supervisor and/or Chief of Corporate Services.
- Create videos to be used externally that will educate members and draw viewers.
- Responsible for recording phone messages including greetings, outage calls, cut-offs, office closed, etc.
- Maintain photo library and take photos when directed to document Co-op events.
- Quarterly newsletter development/distribution to employees/directors/retirees.
- Support advertising and development of advertising for the Cooperative.
- As assigned, coordinate with SKRECC service area newspapers, radio stations, and all other forms of media.
- Be part of a team with the ability to brainstorm ideas to better serve our members and the communities we serve.
- Responsible for the development and printing of all Co-op brochures/forms/reports.
- Coordinate with EKPC on the printing of business cards, stationery, envelopes, and cards as needed by the Co-op.
- Work with Annual Meeting/Membership Days Committee on events each year. Provide printed materials as needed.
South Kentucky RECC is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro