About Ciela Senior Living:
Ciela offers seniors a state-of-the-art community which features incredible 360-degree views, expansive outdoor spaces, floor-to-ceiling windows, light-filled residences, gourmet California cuisine, engaging activities and a robust wellness program designed by Los Angeles’ top health professionals.
Activity Assistant | Program Assistant | Job Description
To assist with all aspects of the Community Activity Program; to assist with driving the Community vehicles to provide resident transportation as needed while ensuring resident safety.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- 1 years’ experience working in senior living environment, and/or social activity leadership.
- CNA, or previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting preferred.
- Must meet all health-related requirements pertaining to state licensure.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid credentials
- Must maintain current Food Handlers credentials
- Must maintain annual Continuing Education Credits
- 1 year of professional driving experience in the operation of a bus or van used for transporting clients preferred – (If Driving)
- Valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record – (If Driving)
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License within specified timeframe after hire – (If Driving and if required based on vehicle occupancy and State regulations)
- Previous experience working with seniors in a senior living environment preferred.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family, and team members.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including Word and Excel preferred
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other team members.
- Ability to represent the Community in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Subject to pre-employment screening including physical, drug and TB testing and criminal clearance.
- Assists the Life Engagement Director with hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline.
- Supports the Life Engagement Director with maintaining department within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists the Life Engagement Director with mentorship and training of all team members on activity/social-related topics and assists in maintaining team members training records.
- When necessary fills in for the Life Engagement Director
- Assists with marketing and clerical duties as requested and provides back-up support for internal marketing such as tours, answering phone, etc. at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Assists in planning events which encourage the participation of families and prospective residents.
- Serves as liaison between the community and churches, senior centers, and other similar community organizations.
Resident Activities / Life Engagement
- Assists in the implementation of scheduled resident activities as assigned by the Life Engagement Director
Lead Life Engagement Assistant 2021-03
- Assists, plans, coordinates, and participates in a variety of social events, outings, and on-site activities, to address resident social, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs, and to ensure a positive and stimulating living environment.
- Acts as a role model to community team members for communication and behavior management strategies, and in engaging residents in meaningful activity and social interaction
- Ensures that all resident activities, outings, and events occur according to schedule in the absence of the Life Engagement Director
- Assists in maintaining a current social history and profile for each resident.
- Assists with the creation and distribution of a monthly resident activity calendar.
- Assists with the creation and distribution of a monthly newsletter.
- Assists in recruiting, training, and scheduling an adequate number of volunteers to support the community activity program.
- Supports the team ensuring that all resident care and activity is provided in a safe and effective manner, while consistently maintaining resident dignity, choice, and respect
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of activity supplies and equipment, and follows appropriate community protocol for purchasing as outlined by the Life Engagement Director
- Participates in the preparation, set-up, implementation and clean-up of Community events and programs.
- Assists in maintaining activity area and supplies in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists Life Engagement Director with other projects and duties as requested.
- Maintains knowledge of current OSHA and state regulations, and follows regulations related to resident care and social interaction.
Driving – (If driving is required for your position you must maintain compliance)
- Responsible for transporting residents to and from appointments, scheduled Community outings, and special events, in Community vehicles, according to transportation schedule
- Responsible for assisting residents in and out of vehicles as needed, including loading, and unloading wheelchairs, walkers, and other assist devices.
- Maintains Community vehicles in clean and orderly condition including washing, refueling, and inspecting and reporting any mechanical defects or malfunctions.
- Completes a thorough vehicle inspection check prior to vehicle operation reporting all discrepancies and following through with scheduling appropriate repairs.
- Reports any resident incidents or physical or behavioral concerns that occur during transport to appropriate Director immediately upon return.
- Completes transportation activity records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists with annual vehicle inspections and safety checks to ensure the vehicle meets operational standards.
- Attends all required team member meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Upholds Residents’ Rights as defined by state regulations and by Company policy, at all times.
- Supports and upholds all other Company policies, and the service philosophy.
- Reliable and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
Starting Salary Range $22.50 - $25.00 per hour
Powered by JazzHR