IntraHealth International is now seeking a Communications Manager for our ASAP II project.
The ASAP II Communications Manager for Global Activities provides technical direction and oversight in learning, communications and knowledge management and maintaining client relations with the donor. Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners II (ASAP II) rapidly prepares local organizations and government entities to have the capabilities and resources to serve as prime partners for USAID and US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming.
This position is funded through January 30, 2024, with the possibility of extension. This position can be located remotely anywhere that IntraHealth is registered.Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Develop and drive a multi-channel communications strategy, partnering with internal stakeholders and external agencies to drive USAID’s Local Capacity Strengthening.
- Create budget for communications team and ensure compliance.
- Develop scope of works; select and manage vendors.
- Lead a team of communication and design professionals.
- Lead the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content.
- Lead conference planning and management for international and regional conference with translation and streaming services.
- Design webinar series in multiple languages, secure presenters, finalize presentations, monitor attendance, solicit feedback.
- Develop assessment tools on communications to strengthen local partner communications portfolio.
- Oversee strategic planning, production, and distribution of communications as well as develop creative content for print, web, and social media.
- Create user polls, virtual events, user-generated content opportunities and other methods to strategically foster two-way or multi-directional communication internally.
- Train and orient LIPs on USAID branding and marking guidelines to ensure compliance when developing and disseminating project publications. She will also create user polls, virtual events, user-generated content opportunities and other methods to strategically foster two-way or multi-directional communication internally.
- Bachelors’ Degree plus five years of functional experience in Communications or related fields of relevant experience with
- Two years of knowledge management experience.
- At least two years of mentoring, team lead or supervisory experience.
- Experience with USAID/Global Health and PEPFAR and knowledge of the USAID/GH community.
- Established media relations a plus.
- Experience in managing all aspects of large conferences and webinar series.
- Familiarity with intranet design; content and graphic posting, email newsletter publishing platforms such as MailChimp, Bananatag, etc.
- Creative, artistic, and critical thinking skills with knowledge of layout/visual composition, typography, and color theory.
- Oversee strategic planning, production, and distribution of communications as well as develop creative content for print, web, and social media and make decisions about content format and placement, assigning components to creative team members and managing projects from start to completion.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.