Shared Harvest is a social enterprise benefit corporation providing public health relief, education
and guidance to vulnerable communities while building for-purpose health technology solutions to
tackle frontline workforce wellness. We are a mission-oriented company leading systemic change
through empathy-driven technology. Our non-profit 501c3 is tackling the student debt crisis and
advocating for mental health for our frontline and community health workers and practitioners. Our
objective is to provide medical relief, volunteer management, and workforce capacity-building.
Campaign Project #RESUS is a $25M endeavor to strengthen the BIPOC medical pipeline through
a series of debt reduction initiatives, mental health services and building a network of clinical
resources and tools for young health professionals. This unique program addresses health
inequities and supports frontline health professionals while also helping under-resourced
communities access vital health services from a diverse population of health practitioners.
We’re looking for amazing people to join our team of skilled and compassionate change-makers.
Learn more about what we do and our core values by visiting www.sharedharvestfund.org and
We are seeking a passionate and innovative Senior Health Equity Marketing Director to join our
team and drive our mission forward.
As the Senior Health Equity Marketing Director at Shared Harvest, you will play a pivotal role in
shaping our brand, expanding our virtual reach, and driving engagement with our mission and
impact film, I Am Not Your Hero (#IANYH). You will lead our marketing and PR efforts, overseeing
the development and execution of marketing strategies to raise awareness, direct the management
of our LinkedIN and other social media platforms (highly focused on LinkedIN presence and the
launch of our virtual fireside talk series). You will be responsible for planning and executing on
marketing KPIs, as well as measuring ROI. This role reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
● Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy aligned with our
organizational goals and mission and translate that to the monthly calendar.
● Collaborate with the CMO to align marketing efforts with the overall organizational strategy.
● Drive forward innovative ideas to expand our reach and impact.
Brand Management and Messaging:
● Maintain and enhance our organization's brand identity, ensuring consistency across all
communication channels and materials.
● Oversee digital marketing initiatives, including website management, SEO, social media, email
marketing, and online advertising campaigns.
● Lead the creation of compelling and impactful written and visual content for various channels,
including website, blog, social media, and newsletters.
Media Relations and Outreach:
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with relevant media outlets, journalists, and influencers to
secure positive coverage and enhance the organization's visibility.
● Create and distribute print and media content, and other materials to promote organizational
initiatives, events, and achievements.
Digital Marketing and Social Media:
● Oversee the social media team to develop and implement a cohesive social media strategy that
engages audiences across platforms and drives growth.
● Monitor trends in digital marketing and social media, adapting strategies to maximize online
presence and engagement.
Content creation and Storytelling:
● Lead content creation efforts, producing impactful written and visual content for various channels,
including website, blog, social media, and newsletters.
● Identify and share compelling stories of individuals impacted by the organization's programs to
showcase its mission and successes.
● Assist in the hiring of temporary content creators and video editing team
Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations:
● Work with external partners and collaborators to co-create content and promotional campaigns
that amplify the organization's message.
● Collaborate with the team to develop marketing strategies for organization-wide events, film
screening, and webinars.
● Promote events through various channels to ensure maximum attendance and impact.
● Develop and nurture relationships with donors, volunteers, partners, and supporters.
● Craft personalized and targeted communication strategies to engage and retain supporters.
● Manage biweekly newsletter content and distribution
Analytics and Reporting:
● Monitor and analyze marketing and public relations efforts' effectiveness, utilizing data to refine
strategies and achieve desired outcomes.
● Provide regular reports to the CMO and other stakeholders (if needed), showcasing key
performance indicators, insights and measure ROI.
Requirements and Skills:
Educational Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a
related field is required. A Master's degree is preferred or certificate degree and or demonstrates
extensive experience in social media marketing, LinkedIN in particular and understands the
Professional Experience: Demonstrates capacity to lead, communicate and delegate effectively
with four or more years proven experience in a Marketing Manager/Director or similar role,
preferably within nonprofit organizations.
Marketing Expertise: A strong understanding of marketing principles, strategies, and best
practices is essential. Demonstrated success in developing and executing marketing plans that
drive business growth.
Digital Marketing Proficiency: Proficiency in digital marketing tactics, including SEO/SEM, social
media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, fundraising, and analytics tools.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to
create compelling marketing materials and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
Analytical Mindset: An analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, analyze results, and
make data-driven decisions.
Leadership Skills: Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to
Project Management: Exceptional project management, public relations, and organizational skills,
including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Industry Awareness: Up-to-date knowledge of the latest marketing trends, technologies, and
industry best practices.
Persistence: Demonstrates persistence in achieving objectives despite challenges and setbacks.
Goal-Oriented: Consistently exceeds goals successfully.
Team Player: Motivates oneself and assists others in achieving desired results.
Reliability: Displays a strong commitment to following through on commitments.
Consistency: Maintains alignment between words and actions consistently.
Continuous Improvement: Exhibits personal dedication and proactively takes steps for
Adaptability: Willingly accepts assignments that expand skill sets and capabilities.
Resource Utilization: Maximizes available resources and collaborates effectively with team
members when seeking additional support.
Communication Proficiency: Proficient in various communication settings, including the use of
Asana project management tools.
Information Sharing: Offers timely and valuable information to colleagues throughout the
Enthusiasm: Approaches challenging projects and tasks with enthusiasm and sincere interest in
Decision-Making: Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions, even when confronted
with incomplete information.
Timely Communication: Prioritizes prompt communication and project delivery.
Transparency: Ensures transparent and timely communication regarding project progress.
Resourcefulness: Demonstrates resourcefulness in locating supportive documents and
These requirements are crucial for the Health Equity Sr Marketing Director to excel in their role and
contribute effectively to our organization's success.
What we Offer
Job Type:Part-time (contracted)- six- month contract with growth opportunity for future salaried
● Pay: $21,600 - $24,000 based on experience & degree status
● Physical Setting: remote & Greater Los Angeles Area
● Schedule: Flexible, but must include weekends in case of events and conferences
● Work Location: Greater Los Angeles
● Work Remotely: 90%; may be needed onsite at conferences, events and activities