***Remote in USA***
***4 Months Contract***
About the role:
Working in conjunction with the Communications, Marketing and Media Partnership teams, you will collaborate with media partners from around the world to create insightful, high-impact Trends analyzes that position Search data as a key signal for what matters now.Responsibilities:
- Pulling data under direction of the Data Editor.
- Working reactively to media requests and in partnership with newsrooms and internal client partners.
- Generating data for the daily newsletter.
- Generating ideas for special journalistic and dataviz projects.
- Education: Degree in journalism, statistics or other social sciences.
- Recent college graduates are acceptable provided it is combined with suitable work experience with data and/or journalism.
- Basic experience in excel and other data packages. R would be a nice to have.
- Basic understanding of how spreadsheets work and advanced data techniques.
- Familiarity with or experience of basic data tools such as: spreadsheets (Google and Excel) R Google tools, ie Fusion Tables Basic viz tools: Datawrapper, Google Charts.
- News awareness: what's going on in the world.
- Flexibility and willingness to work some unsocial hours.