JPI is seeking a Change Management / Project Management Consultant to assist the U.S. Coast Guard with a large-scale government-wide human resource staffing system transition. The Change Management / Project Management consultant will be a member of a team providing change management, project implementation, business process improvement, and communications support to a federal client. The successful candidate will have 8 years of experience with a Master’s degree or 10 years of experience with a B.A./B.S degree and will have experience providing project management support and overseeing change management and communication initiatives for federal clients. The successful candidate will have experience developing an array of communication products such as Change Management and Communication Plans, Agency-wide communication products, and experience developing and managing project plans, timelines, and day-to-day activities of the team. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting with high-level federal clients and experience supporting workforce development initiatives. Thought leadership, critical thinking, clear written and oral communication skills are a must. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
At JPI, we strive to empower our people and excel for our clients. We hold ourselves to high standards and prioritize our values of being one team with unwavering integrity. We are motivated by our mission and driven to deliver solutions that exceed expectations. Will you join us?
- Draft Change Management and Communication Plans and RACI matrices, as needed.
- Develop Strategic Communications for stakeholders across the USCG Enterprise for workforce initiatives.
- Develop strategies, tactics, and communications methods and processes to effectively inform key audiences about changes, create buy-in, and gain understanding, with the goal of steadily increasing stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the management of client communications methods and processes to effectively implement and deploy change management initiatives across the organization.
- Manage projects of high complexity within estimated timeframes using Microsoft Project.
- Develop and manage project plans, delegate assignments, track and review work products, and manage team members.
- Oversee the development of communication products such as emails, newsletter articles, MyCG articles, PowerPoint presentations, briefings, etc.
- Oversee business process improvement efforts.
- Developing project artifacts including agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Coordinate all parties to tasks to review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Schedule, prepare meeting materials, and facilitate interagency meetings and workshop sessions with stakeholders.
- Participate in program management working sessions and support program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Develop reports for senior leadership from project start to go live.
- Active Public Trust Clearance
- BA/BS with 10 years of experience; or Master’s degree with 8 years of experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, OneNote.
- Comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders both orally and in email.
- Experience building and maintaining a trusting relationship with the client and prioritizing demands.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and collaborate with team.
- Proven ability to support and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience applying Prosci ADKAR (Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability, and Reinforcement) model to prepare and execute change management.
- Relevant experience in direct support of the federal clients.
- Understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
Transferable Skills For Management Consulting
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Thinking ‘two steps ahead’ and being prepared for what the client will need next
- Taking initiative vs. waiting to be told what to do
- Managing multiple tasks and prioritizing according to importance
- Flexibility to pivot and adapt to changes in direction of new things
- Considering the details and ensuring accuracy in the small things
- Building rapport with colleagues and clients. Developing a reputation as someone who is responsive and trustworthy.
Don’t think you have every requirement listed but are still interested? Please still apply! Many skills are transferrable and most important quality is the ability and interest in learning.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.