Job Title: Marketing/Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Full time; 52,000-60,000; possibility for irregular work hours that change from week to week.
Summary: The Marketing/Social Media Coordinator would be responsible for coordinating the organization’s social media channels, executing a results-driven social media strategy, creating/assisting in the creation of written, video, email blasts, and photo content for all pages and groups, moderating and responding to Facebook responses, maintaining a unified voice across all social platforms, coordinating promotion of programs organization-wide, staying current on industry trends, reviewing analytics and creating reports on key metrics, assisting other AFRP staff with other fundraising and online campaigns.
Duties of the Marketing/Social Media Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Marketing/Social Media Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy to increase AFRP’s social media reach and engagement.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content across all social media platforms, and the AFRP website.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified AFRP brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with AFRP team to create a social media calendar.
- Moderation and curate engaging content creation for the organization’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok
- Assisting with the creation of the organization’s monthly general newsletter; partner with Volunteer Coordinator
- Partner with the Treasure Shop & Clinic to promote programs actively and consistently from all branches of the organization.
- Assist Animal Program Coordinator with pet photography for social posts and adoption campaigns.
- Assist Grant writers (volunteer) with writing fundraising posts, coordinating direct mail/social media campaigns, and other fundraising/marketing campaign pieces.
- Assist other departments (ex. Adoption, Volunteer) with social media/digital content needs.
- Creating graphics (web + print) and taking/facilitating photographs for social media posts and campaigns
· Create ads for newspapers, manage tracking of ad sponsorships.
- Create all AFRP print materials; keep up to date.
- Create HTML emails through Mailchimp; partner with other AFRP staff to collaborate on topics/needs of the organization.
· Keep the portions of AFRP’s website up to date.
- Keep track of social analytics and growth & researching latest updates/changes
- Keep track of current trends, memes, etc. to create timely relevant social media posts, especially in relation to animal welfare.
- Increase AFRP’s responsiveness to social media communications to foster and build relationships with our online community. Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
Marketing/Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Passion for animal welfare
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience with social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Loomly, Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook); Mailchimp
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro), Canva, or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus