Diversity & Inclusion are at the core of our mission to strengthen and empower the communities we serve.
AL.com is looking for an experienced, creative and experimental newsletter strategist to join our newly formed (and growing!) audience team. The person in this role will help us grow and expand our subscriber base for AL.com’s portfolio of email products.
The newsletter strategist will work with AL.com’s director of audience and collaborate with other editors and reporters to connect with audiences and build stronger relationships with the communities we cover through email and other forms of distribution.
This Job Will Require You To
- Help develop and lead the launch of new email products, while adapting and improving current newsletters.
- Help produce, edit, write informative and engaging newsletters.
- Look for opportunities to start conversations with the communities we cover and experiment with new approaches to engage with audiences.
- Monitor and respond to emails from readers.
- Constantly monitor analytics and adjust accordingly to meet our audience growth goals.
- Produce reports and give regular feedback to editors and writers on performance.
- Work with the audience team to target potential audiences and promote newsletters, experiment with creative ways to grow AL.com’s email subscribers and look for opportunities to create new products.
- Follow trends and best practices and advise the AL.com team on ways to optimize content for email.
- Have a solid understanding of the many ways Alabamians discover our content and occasionally help manage other products beyond email.
- Work flexible hours.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Solid news judgment.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience writing or producing newsletters.
- Experience growing digital audiences.
- Deep understanding of analytics and using data to make content decisions.
- A passion for serving communities throughout Alabama.
We prefer for this position to be based in Birmingham, Alabama, but remote work is possible for the right candidate. We know there are great candidates out there who might not meet all the qualifications we’ve listed. We encourage you to reach out and tell us why you’d be a good fit for this role.