ABOUT FAST FORWARD
Tech is ubiquitous. Tech solutions for social problems are not. An emerging class of startups is building tech to solve these social problems. They are tech nonprofits. Fast Forward bridges the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits, so they can scale solutions to our world’s most urgent problems.
Fast Forward’s focus areas are its Startup Accelerator, Growth Accelerator, and partner programs that engage the broader tech ecosystem. To date, Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits have impacted 139M lives and raised $519M in follow-on funding. 86% of the portfolio have a founder who has personal experience with the problem, 66% have a founder who is a woman, and 79% have a founder who is a person of color.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling startups that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact. Visit us: http://www.ffwd.org.
Fast Forward is seeking a creative Content Writer to tell the stories of the tech nonprofit sector. The Content Writer will produce content that raises visibility for - and shares the impact of - entrepreneurs developing tech for social good.
The ideal candidate is a great writer and driven marketer who has demonstrated success producing content. They are a storyteller at heart who is strategic and highly skilled in communication.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA; it is a full-time, in-office role (no remote or hybrid work).
- Write Fast Forward’s blog posts, thought leadership pieces, impact reports, etc. (did we mention this role is for a strong writer?)
- Write and produce What’s Good in Tech, Fast Forward’s monthly sector email newsletter (10K+ subscribers strong!).
- Dream up new content ideas and establish presence in new channels.
- Manage and maintain website content (copy and creative), including producing new web pages on an as-needed basis.
- Create content for multimedia projects like mini-documentaries.
- Support the Fast Forward team with day-to-day marketing needs on an as-needed basis.
- Leverage campaign performance, SEO, and other marketing strategies to improve engagement across channels.
- Manage editorial calendar in partnership with VP of Marketing and Communications Manager, ensuring that Fast Forward’s content is strategically aligned with broader organizational goals.
- Ensure all content moves through appropriate feedback and approval processes, updating stakeholders on progress along the way.
- Project manage video production, including the mini-documentaries we produce for the Startup Accelerator cohort and other videos that highlight tech nonprofits and the partners who make their work possible.
- Project manage design firm to develop key marketing materials for programs.
- Manage and maintain media assets
- Manage HubSpot as it relates to marketing initiatives.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone with these specific traits and experience:
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in marketing and writing.
- Strong writer and editor who communicates in an engaging, clear, and compelling way. Loves to write and come up with fresh story angles. Has an energetic tone and fresh voice that comes through in their writing.
- Passionate about the impact and potential of social impact tech.
- Strategic thinker who can develop, document, and execute on an impactful strategy.
- Skilled in project management. Can take a project from idea to successful execution (and manage everything that happens in between).
- Strong attention to detail. Doesn’t make low-effort mistakes.
- Growth mindset and proactive problem solver.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park - The Presidio - with free transit to/from downtown San Francisco!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Most importantly, input on the office snack order
Note: In accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, this role is expected to be performed in-person, in San Francisco.
Fast Forward is a social justice organization founded on the idea that those with proximity to the problem should have proximity to the power to fix them. Our true north is empowering tech nonprofit leaders with the tools, community, and capital they need to scale solutions for underserved groups, and we know that a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is inextricable from that pursuit. Read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines to learn how we approach DEI across our investments, community, and workplace.
Fast Forward is an equal opportunity employer.