I want to tell you about who we are first because I won't want you to just pursue a job. If you feel like you want to make a difference in women's health, feel called to this job, and our values, we would love to speak with you.
Hormones Balance (www.HormonesBalance.com) and our product line (www.Wellena.com) is a 400k-strong and fast-growing online health platform with a mission to help women balance hormones naturally. We live, breathe, and sleep women's health and hormones.
Like what you see?
In case you’re wondering, we’re all about steering clear of the B.S. (like greenwashing), and our core values center around empowering education and creating trustworthy products that are clean, safe, and effective.
This is our MANIFESTO - so you know how we think and work
Our Purpose—To help 1M women overcome hormone imbalance, with a focus on estrogen dominance, within the next 3 years.
Our Community—We serve a community of passionate, intelligent women who have been disappointed and misled by allopathic (“conventional”) medicine and who are now seeking to take their health back by adapting natural means.
Our Team - We are a small and mighty group of women who are deeply passionate about serving women, offering them resources to heal and thrive. We live this lifestyle, or aspire to. We do this work as part of our personal and career growth.
Live to Learn - We believe in deepening our respective fields of expertise by constantly learning and evolving.
The Power of Food—We believe that balanced hormones depend on a clean, organic, non-inflammatory diet, and food that comes from sustainable sources that truly nourish our bodies.
Diet—We believe in eating for your bio-individuality (each body is unique and responds to food differently). We stay away from dietary dogmas (be it vegan, vegetarian, or keto diets as a “cure-all” remedy).
Plants and Herbalism—We believe that plants play a necessary part in modern health, and when combined with sound nutrition, their healing benefits are extraordinary.
Science and Facts—We base our editorial content, education, books, recipes, and product development on strong proven facts and well-researched studies.
Squeaky Clean Products—We are passionate about developing safe, clean, and research-backed products that serve our community and help balance women’s hormones. We work hard to bring you products that are both safe and effective.
We Don’t Greenwash—We don't use misleading marketing to make our products seem more green or eco-friendly. Our products really are as natural as it gets.
Time-Honored Traditions—We create healing recipes and products using botanicals inspired by ancient herbal traditions from around the world.
Partners—We only partner with small companies that share our values and create trustworthy products that are clean, safe, and effective.
Resilience - In spite of occasional adversities, we are resistant, emotionally strong, and unbreakable because we believe in the greater good and the purpose of this work.
We Live, Eat and Breathe This Lifestyle—This is why it never feels like work. We also believe in radical self-care by being out in nature, eating nourishing food, laughing, hugging our beloveds (humans or pets), and doing the things that make life great.
**ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Email platform - Scheduling, styling eCommerce 3+ marketing campaigns and flows inclusive of emails and SMS; setting up Klaviyo logic, testing emails, and SMS; creating new newsletter templates; creating graphics for newsletters; creating product blocks; creating universal blocks; copyediting content
- Sales page optimizations and updates - writing, editing, and formatting sales page copy; designing home page and sales pages using Shopify blocks; working with Shopify developer to create custom blocks and formatting; editing videos for sales pages
- Marketing project tasks - setting up projects and systems in Asana
- Content copy editing, formatting, publishing in WordPress
- Communication and direction with designer
- Editing, updating content in Courses
- Supporting channels such as Amazon by providing all content elements
- Klaviyo - high level of comfort; able to load emails, pull stats, metrics, etc.
- Asana - utilize calendar for planning promotions, newsletters, and projects
- Shopify - work closely with eComm, creating and updating sales pages for Shopify store
- WordPress - attention to detail, command of written English language, copyediting, formatting, publishing
- Strong thinker - Example 1: When loading an email into Klaviyo (the email marketing platform), check the performance of similar previously sent emails and make proactive suggestions on what can be done to improve the open or click-through rate. Example 2: Apart from posting pre-written posts, make suggestions on what could be done better, copy and graphics-wise to improve engagement on these posts.
- Results-focused - Perform tasks with results in mind. For example: how will this help our engagement? How did this email perform last year? What can I do to improve the open and click-through rate?
- Curious - Genuinely curious about trends (what keywords, health terms, and trending right now?), technology apps (such as ManyChats), or delivery formats (such as creating videos of posted notes on Instagram) we could take advantage of.
- 2 to 3+ years of experience in a combination of digital online marketing, eCommerce, content marketing strategy, and social media management
- Degree in journalism, communications, graphic/visual design, advertising, or equivalent experience
- is deeply interested in women’s health
- is highly task-oriented
- is insightful, kind, and empathetic
- loves working with people; fun, upbeat, and spunky
- proactively provides accountability
- is a highly effective communicator
- has a clear understanding of timeline relevance
- has a robust work ethic and a sense of self-motivation
- can operate under pressure and does not get overwhelmed with busy days or short timelines
- is flexible, able to work well within a team, and moving targets
- is resourceful, organized, and able to create and commit to processes
- understands the importance of continued professional development to better serve the team and company vision
**CONTRACT TYPE and RATE**
- This is a 100% REMOTE, 1099 CONTRACTOR position, with long term potential
- Estimated at 15 to 20 hours per week and up to 30 hours during launches and events
- Rate is negotiable depending on experience and ranges between $25 to $40/hour
- Our remote team is spread out across all US time zones. Depending on your position and team, identifying overlap for real-time collaboration may be necessary
- USA applicants only
To be considered for this position and to help us get to know you better, please provide answers to the following questions and submit them, along with your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are some of the best ads you've seen lately and why?
- What are some of the best-performing visual content pieces you've created and why do you feel they were successful? (Feel free to attach a link to your website and/or portfolio.)
- Please share some of the latest content or social media trends you think Wellena could leverage.
- Please give us an example of your content writing experience with any of the following: ad copy, shortlisting copy, sales page copy, and/or Amazon listing copy.
- How does our mission and manifesto align with your own career, life/lifestyle, and health objectives?
- Please let us know your experience level with WordPress, Shopify, Design programs (Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Amazon management, Google Analytics, Facebook page/group management, Instagram management, and video editing skills.
- When I contact your past employers, what rating would they give you on a scale of 1-10? (1 = poor, 10 = outstanding)
Thank you for taking the time to read what we have provided. We take this process seriously, and appreciate that you do, too! We will respond quickly if your application has been selected for the next step of our process.