Origin is reimagining wealth management by making it accessible and affordable to all. Today, money is the [#1] source of stress - more than jobs, health, and relationships combined. That stress is exacerbated in the current economic environment, which is presenting people with once-in-a-generation financial challenges. Origin is tackling this problem head on by expanding access to financial planning for those who have historically been boxed out due to high barriers to entry. Our product simplifies finances for individuals making it easy to manage spend and investments, get expert advice, and take action to hit financial goals.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
What Is This Role's Mission
We are looking for an experienced Editorial Content Lead to join our team to define and amplify the Origin Product and Brand. As the Editorial Content Lead at Origin, you'll be responsible for determining Origin’s content strategy to attract and engage both employers and consumers. It's a highly cross-functional role that sits at the intersection of marketing, product, research, design, ops, and customer experience, with the unique opportunity to shape the future of finance.
Origin’s Editorial arm includes our personal finance newsletter, The Gist, with over 50,000 subscribers, and our Learning Product. Our mission is to raise the financial literacy of our users and prospects. This team's charter is to rethink how people learn about personal finances with multi-platform content that educates in innovative ways. This role is critical to our growth as we build out educational content in-app and on social channels, continue to scale the Gist, and develop new content offerings. You'll lead the overall content strategy, optimize day-to-day editorial, and bring new opportunities to life.
What you'll do
- Write and edit high-quality, compelling content that grows the Origin brand and nurtures potential customers.
- Lead the overall editorial process for The Gist and Learning Hub, ensuring a high-quality bar and efficient output.
- Ideating on both new content and new ways to distribute our content across channels from blog, social, PR and more.
- Working cross-functionally with partners across product, sales, product marketing, and research to monitor performance, iterate on content, and develop new product forward content.
- Manage the team’s editorial calendar, ensuring timely delivery of content and coordinating with stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Create editorial standards and copy guidelines across all editorial touch points, ensuring a consistent voice, tone, and level of quality.
- Stay on top of personal finance developments, news, and trends so that we publish content that resonates with Origin customers.
- Develop and refine our content metrics, and monitor and analyze content performance over time, noting actionable insights to drive ROI and improve content performance.
What we consider a must have
- 5+ years of experience in editorial, content strategy, content marketing, journalism
- You have a keen sense for our audience’s needs, pain points, and relationship to Origin, and you’re able to view the content we create from their perspective to ensure our content will resonate
- Data-driven rigor and a passion for results
- Excellent communication skills and a compelling narrative across different channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to craft compelling narratives and adapt writing style for different audiences
- The willingness and know-how to deeply understand our market, consumers and competition.
- Highly collaborative and results-oriented.
- An "owner" personality with a bias toward action.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous base salary
- Meaningful equity package
Health and Wellness
- Heath Insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Wellness allowance;
- Mental health;
- Parenthood & fertility;
- Unlimited access to Origin;
- Coworking allowance;
- Work setup one-time stipend;
- Unlimited PTO;
- Parental leave;
- Flexible hours;
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who
we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!