Marine Dispatcher / Coordinator
Baton Rouge, LA
PSC Group is seeking a Marine Dispatcher / Coordinator to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by receiving phone calls in our 24-hour dispatch center. The Dispatcher takes work orders from customers and dispatches (Tankermen / on-call) employees to complete those jobs in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have good multi-tasking and problem solving skills; excellent communication skills; and must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.Work Schedule:
12-hour shifts. Schedule rotates working two weeks on days and then two weeks on nights (includes rotating weekends and holidays)Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and takes work orders from our external customers.
- Prioritizes and logically dispatches each job to ensure the workforce is dispersed fairly based upon availability and hours worked.
- Enters work orders into the computer system.
- Dispatches Tankermen to specific work sites.
- Collects job related information from the Tankerman once that job is completed.
- Enters job related information into job records in the computer system.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
Why join the PSC team?
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Possess great problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task such as answering multiple phone calls while entering computer data.
- Excellent customer service with both internal and external customers (ability to maintain professional and working relationship with customers and employees).
- Exceptional communication skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate information to relief dispatchers at shift turnover.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Founded in 1952, PSC' s longevity is rooted in our commitment to quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking good care of our employees.
- PSC is the industry leader in product handling and site logistics services for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- Check out our videos at PSC Group - Career Videos to see how the work we do makes a difference and is essential for our economy.
- Learn more about our company culture and view our PSC Connection employee newsletter at PSC Group - Newsletter
- Our Core Values serve as the foundation for all we do—how we conduct our business, serve our customers, and treat members of our PSC family. Learn more at PSC Group - Core Values
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You Must Be Able To
- Speak, write, read fluent English. Hear and have good vision.
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PSC Group, formerly known as Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.