Job Title: Program Manager Non-Tech
Job Location: Remote, okay, onsite preferable in Redmond, WA
Job Type: Contract – 06/30/2024, with the possibility of extension
Job Requisition Number: 134663-1
Seeking someone with experience building and administering a centralized portfolio system for intake, governance, and reporting/communications to enable leaders and a community of PMs to evaluate and effectively manage a strategic portfolio of people, process, and tooling improvements for a large global team of engineers. Must be comfortable working across and between multiple PMOs and CMOs, and with the level of experience to effectively drive cross-team coordination for a community of project managers and engineers working on our most important cross-SBU people, process, technology initiatives.
• Engage with PM teams to clarify requirements for highly complex, high-impact initiatives, working through evolving needs and experiences, discussing scenarios, and helping teams communicate successful user stories.
• Develop dashboard and processes to enable Program Portfolio PM team to capture, track, and communicate end-to-end project schedules, status, and outcomes. Be the resident “whip” who holds stakeholders accountable for providing updates on their initiatives with quality information to keep our executives informed on progress, success, risks and blockers.
• Coordinate the Program Portfolio annual planning process that includes the prioritization, scoping, evaluation, and assessment of multiple, competing, and enterprise-wide projects by directing program and project managers in a structured intake and governance process.
• Tracking, Monitoring and Reporting to ensure we are following through:
- Act as a trusted advisor to guide others to understand and identify operational and performance key performance indicators (KPIs), objectives and key results (OKRs), and success measures (e.g. adoption percentage, engagement, quality, latency) for initiatives.
- Ensure program performance review projections compared to actual results; identifying key performance indicators and trend data; guiding return-on-investment analyses; reviewing feedback from key stakeholders; addressing cross-functional program and project issues; driving collaboration across teams.
- Assist and coordinate team of PM teams to ensure they leverage performance data to demonstrate value of programs and show business impact, and ensure impact is captured on a regular cadence in a location where executives can easily access and learn about initiative progress.
• Change Management and Program Communications to raise awareness, support, and understanding:
- Develop a suite of templates for Program Portfolio team to use as they partner with internal teams and stakeholders to design roadmaps and project plans, and a platform for regular and concise distribution is available on an accessible platform (i.e., SharePoint and via a manager newsletter) to effectively communicate change to the broader organization.
- Provide thought leadership to produce collateral (e.g., proposals, walking deck, project update decks) to incorporate stakeholder needs and communicate well across teams and channels.
- Prepare content for operating / business reviews such as KPI trends and program updates. Support leaders so they are prepared to present progress against goals and mitigations to internal audiences. Engage initiative owners and PM teams to prepare and present their plans.
- Participate with Program Portfolio team as they build team walking deck describing our value proposition, services, and other details to help internal partners understand team.
Skills and experience:
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Knowledge of computer software, such as MS Suite of Products, Project, ADO, CSS BI, SharePoint, PowerApps, and the Microsoft suite of products preferred.
• Exposure to Pathfinder and Work board a plus.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment.
IFG is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.