Title: Data Analytics Manager
Location: Remote - United States Only
Department: Marketing | Type: Full time | Experience: Mid-level | Internal Leveling: 2 (Manager)
- Annual Base Salary: $75,000 to $120,000
- Bonus Potential: $10,000
GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
Overview of Role
GreenBiz is looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join our collaborative and ambitious marketing team. You’re a great fit for this role if you have a strong background in digital marketing data analytics and enjoy collaborating across teams, asking thoughtful questions, and identifying solutions to challenges . You’re able to maintain excellent attention to detail while moving quickly across multiple projects. You naturally take initiative and are excited by new challenges. If this resonates with you, we invite you to apply to join the GreenBiz team as our Data Analytics Manager.
- Identify, recommend and apply appropriate methods to collect and analyze data from multiple digital sources, in order to elevate critical digital marketing trends, correlations and patterns, report on KPIs, and influence marketing strategy. Commonly used tools will include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Create, maintain and elevate trends through daily and weekly reports for marketing team, including but not limited to ecommerce transactions, website traffic, event registration email subscriber list growth and digital community subscriptions
- Establish best practices and implementation of end-to-end digital tagging, tracking and analytics, including key points in the marketing funnel, e.g., online calls-to-action, forms, landing pages and marketing campaigns
- Help teams define ad hoc insight needs and design analytic/reporting solutions to address them, e.g., online user behaviors, building target segment profiles, customer journeys, conversion, optimization and attribution, measuring campaigns and forecasting performance
- Manage data integrations and transfer of data between event registration platforms (including CVENT, Hopin) and customer database
- Assist with implementing and maintaining company’s data processes, collection systems and reporting tools — includes collaborating with external contractors/vendors
- Closely partner with marketing team to develop strategy, execute, monitor and iterate on Marketo customer segmentation and lead scoring campaigns
- Help teams improve testing and optimization efforts by designing and implementing analytic solutions across multiple data sources (web analytics, email newsletter, subscription, etc.)
- Create and maintain reports to track KPIs, including but not limited to event registration revenue and registrants, customer lifetime value, email subscriber churn/growth and digital community subscriptions
- Develop and present evidence-driven recommendations in written and report briefings, highlighting clear, compelling insights that inform team decisions and actions
- Collaborate across teams on revenue and audience growth strategies to ensure data and metrics are well-defined and implemented to meet teams’ execution and insight needs
- Develop and execute data quality and hygiene improvements to maintain data systems and database
- Minimum of 3 years of experience collecting and analyzing digital marketing and ecommerce data
- Proficient with Google Analytics (GA4) & Google Tag Manager
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, ensuring data is analyzed efficiently and effectively while keeping quality high
- Ability to work independently, at times with minimal guidance, demonstrating initiative, decision making, problem solving, accountability and ownership of assigned tasks
- Curiosity combined with quick thinking, learning and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with a flexible, collaborative attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Data Science or other related field
- Digital analytics or data analytics certification(s)
- Experience with:
- Reporting on Marketo and Salesforce data
- Third-party, cross-domain ecommerce reporting (CVENT & GA4)
- SQL and data wrangling tools to organize, sort and categorize data (e.g. Tableau/Excel/Power BI)
- Data visualizations
- Experience in media and/or professional conference industry
Research shows that some underrepresented groups only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Interested in the role but not sure if you meet all the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team, and care not only about the skills you have today but also the skills you'll develop tomorrow.
About GreenBiz Group
At GreenBiz, we believe great work can be done anywhere, at any time. We support our teammates in deciding where and how they work best, celebrating a remote-first culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. We live by our values and are committed to our mission of accelerating a just transition to a clean economy—and we strongly believe that a diverse team made up of varied skills, backgrounds, and lived experiences offers us the best chance at accomplishing that.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Innovation: We embrace technology to maximize the impact of our work.
- Collaboration: We work together to leverage our respective strengths and common goals, partnering with companies, organizations, governments.
- Diversity: We foster belonging and inclusion, recognizing that, as in nature, there is strength in diversity.
- Agility: We push ourselves and our communities to move quickly, ambitiously and gracefully.
- Trust: We embrace servant leadership to build confidence in our company and our communities through excellence, transparency and integrity.
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for all roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.