As an Online Course Designer
, you’ll create engaging courses that meet the needs of our learners. You'll also work with a team of subject matter experts and instructional designers on a daily basis to create effective learning experiences for government employees and contractors that are responsible for procurement effort, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed
with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to gather course content and objectives.
- Utilize your expertise in online course design to develop interactive and engaging learning experiences across various courseware options.
- Ensure that courses meet federal government requirements and accessibility standards.
- Work closely with project managers to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality courses that align with client needs and expectations.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in developing, designing, and testing interactive and engaging learning content.
- Proficiency in e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, H5P or similar software.
- Strong knowledge of instructional design principles and best practices.
- Experience developing courses using various courseware options, including virtual reality, gamification, or simulations.
- Familiarity with Section 508 accessibility standards and ensuring courses are accessible to all learners.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) and content management systems (CMS).
- Understanding of adult learning principles and different learning styles.
- Familiarity with SCORM and xAPI standards for course interoperability.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Like we said, we are
big fans of our people. That’s why we offer
a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.