Disney Entertainment is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, Disney Entertainment aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The role reports to the Senior Vice President, Franchise, Integrated Planning & Licensing responsible for leading the strategies that extend the Disney Entertainment content across all divisions of the company including consumer products, parks, resorts, gaming, theatrical and more. The properties this team overseas include everything from Spidey and his Amazing friends to Descendants to Percy Jackson to Futurama to Golden Girls premiering on all of Disney owned platforms including Hulu, Disney+, Disney Channel, FX, and ABC.
Do you love the TV entertainment business and want to be a part of extending Disney’s great storytelling across the products and experiences fans would love? Maybe you grew up loving the great Disney Channel series or 20th Animation? There is a job at Disney Entertainment made for you.
We are seeking a candidate who wants to play an important role in building new Disney franchises, enjoys building relationships with key people across The Walt Disney Company, and thrives in a fast-paced entertainment environment with a passionate, driven team that leans on the executive assistant as the glue that holds the department together. We are looking for a candidate who is a born organizer and passionate about pitching in when time is short and teammates need help.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Proactively engage in helping the Senior Vice President manage the office
- Solicit input from team on office supplies and proactively order
- Help manage product storage unit
- Set up new employee hires
- Assist with executive and team IT challenges
- Learn technology for presentations to assist with in-person meetings
- Main communication contact for building management issues such as office moves
- Update the product display cases and storage
- Jump in and help the team with special projects
- Maintain 1:1 with team members to get feedback on communication
- Light travel and expense reports for Senior Vice President and Directors
- Help manage the team budgets, interface with finance, and reconcile job numbers
- Manage vendor invoicing and create efficient processes
- Ability to assist with keynote and PowerPoint presentations
- Update decks in keynote and PowerPoint
- Track down assets from team members
- File decks in share drive
- Manage complex cross-divisional meetings and create agendas for the Senior Vice President and Directors
- Identify invitees and proactively ensure people are attending
- Create strong relationships with other assistants
- Understand meeting purpose and attendees on reoccurring meetings
- Update contacts
- Respond to team and outside meeting requests in a timely manner
- Take notes and distribute as needed
- Create follow up lists and help manage Senior Vice President's next steps
- Manage drive time and other calendar conflicts
- Create excel grids to track meeting updates
- Update large meeting invite lists working with team members
- Assist Senior Vice President in team culture events:
- Schedule and gather agenda for the team monthly All Hands
- Create team speaker series soliciting input from team members
- Manage four events a year for team outings seeking volunteers to help
- Coordinate annual team summit working with Senior Vice President
- Forward important company events to team calendars to encourage participation
- Create monthly newsletter for Executive Vice President gathering info from the team
- Support the team on PIX content system by giving third party access
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 5 years of proven executive assistant, coordinator skills working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote), and the ability to learn new software like Concur, SAP, PIX, Box.
- Ability to work with the highest confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment and diplomacy elevating any team challenges to Senior Vice President to resolve
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities, and assignments
- Ability to form a strong partnership with team members.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate some overtime if needed.
- Experience in a highly matrix organization would be a plus
- Event planning experience
- College degree (BA/BS) preferred
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $57,810.00 - $77,550.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.