OCM Communications and Engagement Consultant
Utilligent is seeking an OCM Communications and Engagement Consultant with preferred experience providing consulting services to Electric, Gas, or Water Utilities. The role is responsible for the management and execution of internal stakeholder communication of key messages while partnering with Corporate Communications and Marketing to ensure integration with external communications when necessary. Implements a communications strategy designed to inform cross functional staff and internal and external stakeholders and improve engagement.
- Engages your storytelling and editorial skills to thread the employee story to the broader program narrative by producing compelling content and cultivating a connected employee environment.
- Supports the design, development, and management of OCM communications by translating IT language into business language suitable for lay audiences, writing original content for OCM emails, newsletter articles, MS PowerPoint presentations, brochures, posters, and project SharePoint sites.
- Creates imagery and graphics for OCM projects (alone or in partnership with the Graphics Department).
- Implements tracking and reporting to measure progress against program objectives.
- Creates standardized formats and presentation templates for print and web user interface.
- Provides crisis communications response and support during storms or other emergencies that might arise.
- Evaluates effectiveness of efforts and develop templates and process standards that embody best practices.
- Implements broad-based employee communications, such as executive messaging and employee meetings and newsletters.
- Aids OCM and Business Readiness Teams on communications campaigns to promote stakeholder engagement.
- Supports response to media and other external stakeholders.
- May require project management knowledge including business processes such as budgeting, purchasing, request for proposal, etc.
- Minimum 7 years employee or internal communications or marketing.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud Programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Office 365, HTML editing software), web analytics, social media platforms and a variety of audio, video, and infographic production programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Must be proficient in SharePoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including copywriting and editing.
- Preference for those who have worked in Electric Utilities Industry.
- Preferred MS/MA/MBA in Communications, Marketing, Organizational Development, Psychology/Behavior, or Business Administration with People focus.
Start date: Immediate.
Salary: $65.00 - $75.00 HR
Employment Type: Contractor opportunity may lead to full employment
Location: Client locations throughout the US with potential for weekly travel.
MUST be prepared for 100% travel if needed.
Interest in Position:
If you are interested in being considered for the opportunities as we build our staff, please apply through the LinkedIn posting process. We will reach out to those candidates we may have an interest in after review of your submission.
Utilligent is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.