Organization: Massachusetts Asian American and Pacific Islanders Commission (AAPIC)
Position: Executive Communications Specialist
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Mostly remote work, occasional in-person events throughout Massachusetts
Apply by: September 25, 2023
Start by: November 1, 2023
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2023. We will not be looking at LinkedIn applications, only applications sent to email@example.com.
The Asian American and Pacific Islanders Commission
The AAPIC is a Massachusetts Commission established under section 68 of chapter 3 of the Massachusetts General Laws, which took effect on October 29, 2006. The AAPIC was formed in recognition of the General Court's findings that Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders constitute the fastest-growing minority population in both the Commonwealth and the United States, that they represent a diverse population within the Commonwealth, and that many members of the Asian American and Pacific Islanders community have overcome great hardship and made outstanding contributions to the educational, economic, technological, and cultural well-being of the Commonwealth, but still face many challenges in their efforts for full social, economic, and political integration
within the Commonwealth.
About the Position
The Executive Communications Specialist (ECS) will be integral to a small but growing team. The ECS has an opportunity to ensure that AAPI voices in Massachusetts are heard and advocated for. The Executive Communications Specialist will support our executive team while managing various aspects of our communications efforts. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of administrative support and communications, contributing to the overall success of our organization. The ECS will directly report to the Executive Director for administrative responsibilities and the Policy & Communications
Director for communications responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to our executive team, including calendar
- management, travel arrangements, and document preparation.
- Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and other materials for meetings.
- Manage communication on behalf of executives, ensuring timely follow-up.
- Process forms required for the Treasury for reimbursements, grants, and HR.
- Support the planning and execution of events, meetings, and conferences.
- Coordinate logistics, invitations, and follow-ups for interviews, events, and meetings.
- Maintain and update contact databases for effective communications.
- Other tasks as needed
- All social media tasks, including but not limited to developing content plans, creating
- graphics, writing copy, interacting with followers, and more
- All website tasks, including but not limited to posting event information, updating
- branding, ensuring Commission information is up to date, compiling resources.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing communication metrics and engagement data.
- Create and implement yearly digital communications plans
- Seek and share stories that further the AAPIC's goal
- Create materials for the Commission and public events
- Support the writing of the Annual Report
- Oversee creation of newsletter with Policy & Communications Coordinator (intern)
- Maintain and update branding guidelines, both digital and other
- Ensure materials are translated when the budget allows
- Ensure OML compliance of subcommittees and the AAPIC
- Other tasks as needed
The Commission welcomes candidates with a combination of expertise and both work and lived experience that can advance the mission. The successful candidate will have many of the following qualifications:
- Passion for the AAPIC mission! Cultural competency, lived experience, language
- proficiency relevant to the AAPIC community
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in executive support and communications is a plus.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, website management on
- WordPress, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Mailchimp
- Ability to leverage technology and effectively use social media platforms and applications; offer technical support to staff with computer hardware/software
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2023. We will not be looking at LinkedIn applications, only applications sent to email@example.com.