Are you looking for a new best friend, card-game companion, or gardening guru? Then consider working with one of our light, bright, and beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care communities - where our residents are #1 and our team members shine!
Frontier Management is seeking an outstanding Lifestyle Assistant to develop and promote a strong activity program for Where The Heart Is community located in Burlington, Washington.
Frontier Management's portfolio of communities spans throughout the United States with each community sharing a commitment to superior service and quality lifestyle for our residents within their own unique setting. Frontier's mission is to provide an enriched and meaningful experience for our residents, team members, and community partners. If you are as committed and passionate about serving the needs of our senior residents as we are, we encourage you to apply and experience the Frontier Difference.
The Lifestyle Assistant will assist with planning, implementation, and supervision of the day-to-day social, educational, recreational, spiritual, therapeutic individual and group activities, and entertainment and transportation services for the residents living at the community under the direction of the Lifestyle Director. This includes assisting with group activities, entertainment and providing transportation services for the residents living at the community. The person must also be flexible and willing to work shift assigned, weekends, and holidays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning, implementing and supervising activities to suit a variety of interests and skill levels for the residents using resident comments and input. Activities may include, but are not limited to: parties, games, weekly exercises, church services, book reading and clubs, crafts, baking and cooking, outside entertainment, travel and transportation, special activities at holidays, fundraisers for specific projects, and resident's birthdays and anniversaries
- Effectively encourage and actively promote resident participation in activities/social services through internal, formal and informal communication networks
- Help plan the coordination of "In-community" seminars or lecture series' quarterly for residents, families, and friends
- Involve and assist the Residents Council and Resident Meetings by playing a key role in their monthly meetings
- Participate in local activity planners association. Cooperate and exchange ideas and calendars with Lifestyle Directors in affiliated retirement communities
- Assist with development of programs, activities, seminars, and lectures for the monthly calendar. Print, mail and post the activities calendars to keep all residents and the community aware of the activities going on at the community. Edit and publish the monthly newsletter. Distribute and mail to all residents, prospective residents, family members, community contacts, and employees to keep them informed of things going on at the community
- Assist at the front desk and cover for missing staff members when necessary
- Represent the community by giving tours and marketing the community as needed
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time-to-time
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and appropriate driving record and have transportation at their disposal.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; English language skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff, and to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Compassion for elderly.
Frontier Management offers a competitive salary and a work environment that encourages initiative and fosters respect. Frontier Management, LLC offers medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, Flexible Spending Account, Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity Insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a competitive Match program. To discover more about the Frontier Management team, please visit our site at www.frontiermgmt.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace