PEE DEE COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC AND SEXUAL ASSA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The Director of Finance and grants, under the direct supervision of the Support Services Director, has the responsibility to support the effective operation of the financial functions of the organization, including but not limited to the following responsibilities
- Conduct product sourcing and complete purchases for supplies, printed materials, and equipment.
- Prepare weekly (or as needed) deposits.
- Check the bank each morning and identify any credits posted to the account. Provide copy of the report to the Executive Director. Receipt any deposits into the account from outside sources.
- Enter all fee receipts into the billing spreadsheet for Durant Children’s Center.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll to include verify timesheets to ensure all are signed by employee and by supervisor, verify funding sources on each timesheet, prepare payroll, submit to NetChex, review and approve NetChex’s submission, scan and file reports.
- Assist with organization for annual audit including preparation of financial records, and audit internal control report.
- Participate with Resource Development staff to reconcile monthly receipts from private giving – by county and by program.
- Prepare invoices daily upon receipt for accounts payable. Assign expense account, program and funding source. Enter into QuickBooks Pro. Generate checks. Copy invoices and checks and upload them into QuickBooks Pro.
- File invoices in the Accounts Payable drawers of filing cabinet.
- Reconcile monthly statements from credit card vendors and ensure all postings are accurate and have sufficient documentation.
- Reconcile monthly statements from employee benefits providers and verify that each employee listed has payroll deductions for premiums, if applicable. Ensure that employees who are no longer with the Coalition have had their coverage canceled.
- Complete the monthly DSS billing for Durant Children’s Center on the 5th of each calendar month. Complete and submit the DCVC billing for Durant Children’s Center immediately upon receipt. Ensure all billing dates are entered into the billing spreadsheet. Prepare a monthly billing summary.
- Attend FEMA Board meetings as scheduled
- Secure grantor approval for training (SCAG) Lead grant submission—preparing and organizing materials for proposals, and submitting and monitoring grant applications, including:
- Maintaining and building relationships with funders and other strategic partners on a local, state, and national level;
- Submitting grant reimbursements via paper or online portals and maintaining a list of passwords;
- Maintaining a master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence;
- Maintaining a library of grant support documents including resumes, bios, IRS forms, Board/staff diversity lists, etc.;
- Maintaining reports in QuickBooks Pro for RFPs and monthly YTD reconciliation. Facilitate grant contracts/agreements;
- Ensuring acknowledgment of funders/investors via website, e-newsletter, and social media; and
- Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness, including:
- Monitoring and maintaining funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements;
- Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals; Requesting reimbursements;
- Update Finance workbooks as requests are sent, approved, and payments received.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as needed and deemed necessary by the Executive Director or Supervisor.
- Experience in non-profit accounting, budgeting, and records maintenance.
- Experience in QuickBooks Pro, Office 365, and relevant software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; multi-task oriented.
Master's degree in business, Accounting, or related field
Five years experience in nonprofit, governmental, or private-sector accounting
Proficiency in the utilization of Microsoft products
Excellent written and verbal communication skills