Activities Assistant-Full time position available
Arcadia at Limerick Pointe is a new senior living community looking to hire an activities assistant for our Personal Care community. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who enjoys creating fun and memories. The activities assistant is responsible for assisting in the development and oversight of resident services, including planning, and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement, and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and conducting programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
- Assists, invites, and encourages residents to participate in activities.
- Helps plan appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
- Helps with holiday decorations for the community.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that all equipment and supplies are available for activities and special events.
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates appropriate mixed group (personal care and memory care (personal care and independent living) activities.
- Maintains activity areas in an orderly manner.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of activity and programming supplies, games, programs, and craft services.
- Oversees daily care of any animals and/or plants within the activities program and services.
- Assists in preparing and organizing a calendar of events. Posts and distributes the calendar.
- Distributes community newsletter.
- Meets with new residents to introduce the program.
- Assists Director in leadership of wellness program.
- Help manage a volunteer staff.
- Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of common interest.
- Helps to maintain a database on resident assessments, participation, and satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or six months to one-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other skills required:
- One to three years’ experience preferred in assisted living, long term care or experience/exposure to the senior population.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to use software to design calendars and signs; use email and the Internet.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills, and the ability to coordinate and plan for event planning.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision.
- EOE- We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our community’s philosophy is our commitment to non-discriminatory practices for our residents, staff, and business partners. Through our cultural awareness, we celebrate the diversity of residents and staff by supporting various celebrations, history, and means of acknowledgement of all cultures we served.
Powered by JazzHR