PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INFO@PEARASSOCIATES.COM NOT THROUGH THE LINKEDIN EASY-APPLY PROCESS
Pear Associates helps mission-driven organizations become more fruitful through strategic growth and fund development. We support nonprofit and government entities within the health, education, and social services sectors. Our passionate team brings a range of work and life experiences to Pear Associates. Working remotely from home-based offices, Pear Associates’ employees bring their expertise as nonprofit executives, government leaders, and subject matter experts to our clients through short-term engagements and long-term relationships that have a positive impact.
Job Title: Vice President of Operations/Senior Consultant
Reports To: President
The Vice President of Operations/Senior Consultant plays a critical role in managing the operational aspects of the company to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and alignment with organizational goals. The individual hired into this role will be responsible for, among other things, developing and implementing operational strategies; spearheading marketing activities; and driving continuous improvement initiatives. The Vice President of Operations/Senior Consultant will supervise the Controller and the Marketing and Project Manager/Consultant, and work closely with the Controller to ensure that business practices, protocols, and decisions are designed to ensure the company reaches its utmost potential, growth, and competitive advantage. The Vice President of Operations/Senior Consultant will be instrumental in business development and maintain a portfolio of active and ongoing client engagements and relationships focused on complex grant writing projects, strategic planning, needs assessments, fundraising strategy, and/or leadership development.
- Collaborate with other members of the Leadership Team, including the President, other VPs, and the Controller.
- Participate in decision-making processes and align the consulting practice with the firm's goals.
- Identify new business opportunities and contribute to the growth of the firm.
- Participate in proposal development, including scope and budget development.
- Provide input into team meetings and facilitate discussions related to, among other things, operational matters.
- Provide thought leadership, staying current with trends and best practices.
Oversight of Business Operations
- Provide oversight of Information Technology, including managing the relationships with the vendors that provide IT support, Microsoft 365 support (email, Teams, other), and website hosting, with support from the Marketing and Project Manager/Consultant.
- Work with the Marketing and Project Manager/Consultant on marketing activities, including social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn), newsletter, Constant Contact database, and conference exhibit opportunities.
- Work with the Controller on accounting-related matters, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budgeting.
- Work with the company's Human Resources consultant concerning company policies and procedures.
- Work with company partners and advisors (i.e., lawyers, consultants, accountants) to ensure company compliance with state and federal policies, laws, and practices related to taxes, business registration, and employment.
- Supervise the Controller and the Marketing and Project Manager/Consultant for day-to-day personnel and performance-related activities and ongoing support as needed.
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline processes, reduce costs, and improve operational efficiency.
- Implement best practices, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and performance metrics to measure progress.
- Assess and continuously re-assess all aspects of business operations to make recommendations to improve operations, processes, and procedures.
- Build, develop, and nurture strong, long-term relationships with nonprofit clients.
- Serve as clients' primary point of contact, understanding their needs and objectives and ensuring that the company delivers results aligned with such needs and objectives.
- Oversee the execution of consulting projects from initiation to completion and make necessary adjustments to services provided.
- Ensure project goals and deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Conduct research, data analysis, and assessments to inform recommendations to the client.
- Maintain high standards of service and excellence and ensure the quality of deliverables to clients during all stages of the client relationship.
- Monitor project budgets to ensure profitability.
- Ensure that projects meet or exceed client expectations.
- Maintain a minimum of 50% of billable time.
In addition to the key responsibilities outlined above, other job duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, such as nonprofit management, business administration, public administration, or a relevant social science. A master's degree, such as an MBA or MPA, is preferred.
- Extensive experience in nonprofit management, preferably within the health, human services, or education sectors.
- Proven track record in consulting, advising, or providing services to nonprofit organizations and/or government organizations.
- Leadership experience, ideally in a senior management role.
- Strong understanding of the nonprofit sector, including knowledge of best practices, funding mechanisms, compliance requirements, and the unique challenges faced by nonprofit organizations in health, human services, and education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, including experience in supervising staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Expertise in consulting methodologies and frameworks.
- Ability to assess nonprofit organizations' needs, develop strategic plans, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Proficiency in project management techniques, including planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Experience in overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Financial management skills, including budgeting, financial analysis, and fiscal responsibility.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities to address complex challenges faced by nonprofit clients.
- Stellar writing skills, with experience developing grant proposals, assessment reports, marketing documents, and other public-facing materials.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, priorities, and client needs in the nonprofit sector.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to the values and ethics of the nonprofit sector.
Location: While this position is remote, the person must be local to the New England area to attend quarterly in-person staff convenings and in-person client meetings as needed.
Benefits: Pear Associates offers a flexible schedule that allows employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We encourage professional development through continuing education, conferences, and resource sharing. Our collaborative culture is promoted through formal and informal team meetings and events. Pear Associates offers paid time off, paid holidays, a health reimbursement plan, and 401K with employer match.
A certified LGBTE-owned business, Pear Associates is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pear Associates believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. The Company will not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, hairstyle, color, creed, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship and terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. Individuals who have a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, if necessary, during the application process.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org