Friends of the Children is seeking a passionate, committed marketer with strong communications skills to join our National Marketing and Communications team. Our organization’s model is proven to impact generational change by empowering youth who are facing the greatest obstacles through relationships with paid, professional mentors – 12+ years, no matter what. This new Marketing and Web Specialist position will help us amplify the voices of the children, families, and communities we serve across the country.
The Marketing and Web Specialist reports to the National Content and Digital Marketing Manager and is responsible for working with designated Friends of the Children chapters to support their marketing and communications goals in coordination with Friends of the Children – National. The Specialist will implement the chapter’s digital marketing strategies through social media, website updates, e-newsletters, analytics tracking, and basic graphic design support. This position will work directly with chapter staff within a set number of hours per chapter a month in order to strengthen brand fidelity, storytelling, and to build greater capacity for staff at chapters and at Friends – National.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in designing, creating and curating content for social media, websites, and newsletters. They will be effective with time management and prioritization as they work with directly with chapter staff within a set number of hours per chapter and month. The Specialist will be an effective communicator and ensure alignment between our marketing and communications tactics at Friends - National. And they will thrive in an ever-changing environment, advancing strategies proactively while also creating space to respond to the needs of the national team and the network.
Are you this amazing leader? Here's what we have to offer you:
- Opportunity to help grow and support an organization that demands equity from ourselves and from our community.
- Opportunity to partner with a diverse, growing network of independent chapters across the country to implement long-term, sustainable change.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and geographical location: $53k-$57k.
- Most of all, you get to amplify the stories of youth and families, showing the impact of an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life stories every day.
Want to know more? The job description is below:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
Digital Content Curation
- Create social media posts based on content identified by chapter staff, and then post through online tool.
- Monitor social media channels for designated chapters, responding to questions and comments and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Write and post recurring website news items based on content identified by chapter staff.
- Create monthly newsletter based on content identified by chapter staff in Mailchimp and/or Donor Doc.
- Track related newsletter data including open rate, click-through rate, and unsubscribes.
- Create visual assets, including (but not limited to) social media posts, web stories, and digital and print collateral using Friends of the Children templates in Canva.
- Work with chapters to plan editorial calendars to schedule content across communications platforms.
- Ensure brand fidelity across digital and print marketing and communications collateral.
- Assist Friends of the Children – National staff on communications and web projects, advancing best practices in communications.
Analytics and Web
- Keep chapter websites current with news items, and updates of staff photos and bios, partnerships, etc.
- Track the efficacy of designated chapter websites and make content recommendations based on data from Google Analytics.
- Partner with Web Designer at Friends – National to optimize designated chapter websites performance and ensure brand alignment.
Essential Skills And Abilities
- Diverse functional experience including content creation, curation and management; marketing and communications work; social media management; and website editing.
- Proven results leveraging social media platforms and email marketing to drive business-related objectives.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated experience in storytelling for an organization.
- Experience with graphic design (in Canva), and adapting this skill set across digital media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects, meet varying communications deadlines and priorities, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to anticipate problems and focus on details, working both tactically and strategically.
- Self-starter with the ability to project manage their responsibilities around social media and web.
Required Education, Experience, And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or another relevant field required.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the marketing and communications field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating and curating content for social media, websites, and newsletters is required.
- Experience with the latest digital tools and platforms is required, including Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics and AdWords, video editing software, photo editing software, and online social media posting and tracking software.
- Demonstrated experience using email software is required (Mailchimp and/or Donor Doc are preferred).
- Demonstrated experience designing, writing and curating web content is required.
- Demonstrated experience with a website Content Management System is required (experience with Craft preferred).
Culture Of Belonging
Friends of the Children endeavors to create a culture where each and every staff knows they belong. From our policies to our procedures and practices, we aim to create an environment that is healthy, safe, accepting, supportive, and kind. Our benefits are one way to depict our value for work harmony, empowerment, health, and happiness.
Our competitive compensation, benefits package, and employee engagement demonstrate our values to families, children, healthy relationships, love, empowerment, goal achievement, and equity. We are continuously seeking feedback and researching best practices to meet the needs of staff and their families. Below are ways we actualize a culture of care for each and every staff member.
- Health: Friends of the Children had covers 100% of employee only health premium for 2 of the 3 plans
- Dental: Friends of the Children covers 100% of employee only premium
- Vision: Friends of the Children covers 100% of employee only premium
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment: 100% paid by Friends of the Children
- Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability: 100% paid by Friends of the Children
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Employees may contribute to an FSA account: Healthcare FSA minimum of $100 maximum of $3,050.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits such as Critical Illness, Hospitalization, Legal, etc.
- 401(k) savings plan with a company matches up to the first 4% of earnings that the employee contributes.
- Cell phone Reimbursement: Employee is eligible for a cell phone reimbursement not to exceed $50/month.
- Internet Service Reimbursement: Employee is eligible for an internet service reimbursement not to exceed $25/month.
- Office reimbursement of $150 per year.
- Time off: Full-time employees of Friends are eligible for up to three weeks of paid vacation annually as well as paid sick leave. The first year the time is pro-rated.
- Career Development after the first year of employment.
- Summer hours
- Employee Perks and Discount Programs including savings on hotels, rental cars, travel, entertainment, streaming services, electronics, eCommerce, and so much more
Benefits start first of the month on or following employee start date.
This is a newly created full-time position with benefits, and is paid for by participating chapters. The annual salary range for the marketing and web specialists is $53,000 – $57,000 per year, depending on both experience and location.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered; please use this as an opportunity to show us your writing skills and convey why you want to be a Marketing and Web Specialist at Friends of the Children! OPTIONAL: Submit samples of marketing and communications work you’ve accomplished including social media, web stories, or newsletter content.
Friends of the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Friends of the Children is growing rapidly as communities across the country are experiencing the power of how “One” changes a child's story: One Friend. One Child. 12+ years. No matter what. #ThePowerOfOne
To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: https://friendsofthechildren.org/