UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System . The UNT System includes the University of North Texas in Denton and Frisco , the University of North Texas at Dallas and UNT Dallas College of Law , and the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth . We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region. We are growing with the North Texas region, employing more than 14,000 employees, educating a record 49,000+ students across our system, and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.
We are one team comprised of individuals who are committed to excellence, curiosity and innovation. We are transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We champion a people-first values-based culture where We Care
about each other and those we serve. We believe that we are Better Together
because we foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all. We demonstrate Courageous Integrity
through setting exceptional standards and acting in the best interest of our communities. We are encouraged to Be Curious
about opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating, and are encouraged to learn from failure. Show Your Fire
by joining our team and exhibiting your passion and pride in your work as part of our UNT System team.
Learn more about the UNT System and how we live our values at www.UNTSystem.edu.
Marketing and Communications Intern
DAL-Trail Blazer Elite-545100
Full Time/Part Time
commensurate with experiene
commensurate with experiene
The Trailblazer Elite Program is a unique and prestigious organization designed to ensure that first-generation college students are successful in meeting their academic, career, and personal goals. The program provides opportunities, resources, skills development, and connects students with a mentor to help prepare them for their future careers. Our focus is to help students successfully navigate through college with strong support systems.
Creating a welcoming environment and building a sense of community and trust is a priority for The Trailblazer Elite Program. The President’s cabinet, mentors, academic advisors, counselors, faculty, and staff are part of a support structure that helps guide our students every step of the way.
The Trailblazer Elite Program Manager is an entry-level position. The intern first-generation college/university scholar is responsible for participating of learning and implementing core curriculum concepts and competencies as outlined by UNT Dallas Programs. The intern observes for proactively participating in professional development initiatives, cohort challenges, group project presentations, and individual deliverables that showcase a clear understanding of the core concepts and competencies.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the UNT Dallas Trailblazer Elite and Conrad Leadership programs participating in events, workshops, seminars and activities until the completion of the internship experience
- Develop compelling and engaging content including Emma Newsletter campaigns, social media updates, and promotional materials that highlight unique offerings, benefits and impact of the Trailblazer Elite and Conrad Leadership programs
- Collaborate closely with counterparts at UNT Dallas to ensure seamless implementation of program initiatives and enhance program impact
- Contribute to the planning and execution of program events, workshops, seminars, and networking sessions. Coordinate logistics, manage registration, check in and provide on-site support during events
- Manage the programs’ social media presence across platforms, curating content, scheduling posts, and interacting with the audience to promote events, share success stories, and foster a sense of community
- Collaborate with programs’ leaders to refine and strengthen the brand identity. Ensure consistent application of branding guidelines in all communication materials
- Collaborate with programs’ team create visually appealing graphics, images, and infographics that align with the programs’ branding and effectively convey key messages to the target audience to tailor communication strategies and messages effectively
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications to cultivate relationships with media outlets, and industry influencers.
- Draft press releases and articles in collaboration with Marketing and Communications to secure coverage and increase the programs’ visibility
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and guidelines as outlined by University of North Texas at Dallas Trailblazer Elite and Conrad Leadership programs
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Posting Details
Applicants must possess the following:
- Must be open to an in person internship in the UNTD Trailblazer Elite and Conrad Leadership Programs
- Undergraduate UNTD student with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Professional, dependable and eager to learn
- Must be able to balance multiple projects and assignments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with relevant software and tools (i.e. Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Familiarity with Meta Business Suite, Hootsuite and other social media management platforms
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with people form diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects high-level projects concurrently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn videography and photography principles
- First-generation college or university scholar
- University of North Texas at Dallas junior or senior with a minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Licensed driver with reliable and self-provided transportation to and from University of North Texas at Dallas campuses, events and activities.
- Interests in leadership development and professional services
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Computer Science, or Marketing and Communications or related degree
Required License / Registration / Certification
Monday-Friday, 19 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends with advance notice.
Driving University Vehicle
This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Ability to communicate, Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Quicklink for Posting