The Memphis Grizzlies Charitable Foundation exists to foster conditions that lead to accelerated student achievement, ensuring that the rising generation is equipped with the skills needed to compete in future economies. To that end, the Foundation’s mission is to find, fund, create, and connect best in class youth mentoring/development programs in the mid-South region. Every student needs and deserves a network of positive adult role models dedicated to his/her success.
The Manager, TEAM Mentor Program is responsible to drive high levels of participation in that mission by providing mentors the tools, training and resources that result in positive student outcomes for participating youth. S/he/they will develop and implement strategies that position mentors to respond to students with innovative and impactful interventions.
In addition, the position is responsible for managing the relationship with school partners to increase engagement, commitment and investment in mentor program solutions. The Manager will drive community engagement efforts, supporting curriculum and service partnerships, increasing parent engagement and implementing program communication & marketing initiatives.
In This Role You Will
- Work with the VP and strategic partners to implement a Fiscal Year plan that includes a) new partner school onboarding (b) on-site program management, (c) training, (d) mentor recruitment/ screening, (e) event coordination, (f) ongoing expansion strategy, (g) policies and procedures, (h) communication with volunteer mentors, students’ families and school personnel;
- Set clear goals for staff and volunteers; manage data on student outcomes as measured by Attendance, Behavior and Coursework ▪ Grow relationships with partner school administration & grade-level teachers by facilitating regular school meetings, and encouraging frequent interaction;
- Build, own, and implement mentor recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers in support the program;
- Develop in-depth understanding of best practices in mentoring & positive youth development in order to innovate existing program activities; ensure program alignment to The Elements of Effective Practice;
- Facilitate high impact relationships between mentee/mentor pairs with systems designed to provide individualized case management;
- Oversee the departmental budget process; ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately;
- Use the power of storytelling to enhance the profile and impact of the TEAM Mentor both within the Memphis community and nationally; ensure regular website updates, oversee program newsletter, parent text service and develop social media content;
- Supervise program inputs throughout the year and support ongoing mentor program evaluation efforts to increase program effectiveness;
- Work collaboratively across teams and functions to effectively promote the Grizzlies Foundation programs, values and behaviors and to deliver on business goals;
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Communications, Business Administration, Sports Management or related field. MBA or advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
- Three to five years of Non-profit, Youth Develop, Education or Sport Management experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in program management and volunteer management
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact effectively with all types of people, including staff and management, professional and elite athletes, members of the media, senior government officials and corporate representatives.
- Experience in designing and conducting training sessions.
- Experience using technology to advance execution of strategy, programs and partnerships.
- Knowledge of issues and best practices related to youth development, youth mentoring, education reform, community development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational, strategic and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and emotional intelligence.
- Experience facilitating multi-faceted projects and strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence others and optimize a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.
- Thrives in a fast-paced/complex organization.
- Resilient and able to adapt to challenges associated with change.
Nice To Have
- Experience working within corporate social responsibility, community relations, philanthropy, cause-marketing, nonprofit management and / or with a board of directors.
- Experience as middle school teacher.
- Experience as a mentor in a formalized program for children ages 9-13.
- Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Qualified parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.