We believe in the power of YOUth!
Applications for NAMI's youth advisory group, NAMI Next Gen, are now open until Sept. 30th, 2023
At NAMI, we believe in youth and youth-adult voice, power, and expertise to address youth mental health and wellbeing. Apply to NAMI Next Gen, our young adult advisory group for the 2024
NAMI Next Gen
is a 10-person, lived-experience young adult advisory group dedicated to guiding NAMI toward kinder, innovative, and inclusive outcomes for mental health youth and young adults.
The mission of NAMI Next Gen
is to serve as leaders who address the mental health and well-being of their peers through resource development, shared decision-making, program planning, and bringing valuable youth perspectives to NAMI's organizational work.
This role is from January - December 2024
What To Expect From NAMI Next Gen
- An average of 20 hours a month time spent on NAMI activities which will ensure our organization speaks to and reaches youth and young adults. Based on each individual's interests, these activities may include:
- Advising the direction of NAMI initiatives and research.
- Planning, participating in and facilitating youth-focused events.
- Evaluating and informing NAMI content and resources.
- Contributing to NAMI's social media content and public awareness campaigns.
- Writing for NAMI publications and leading a youth and young adult newsletter.
- Weekly/Monthly meeting with other advisory team members and NAMI staff.
- Developing leadership skills through mentorship.
Benefits Of Being a NAMI Next Gen Member
- Engage in creative and innovative efforts to support the mental well-being of youth and young adults.
- Gain valuable leadership and service experience.
- Increase knowledge about youth mental health policies and programs.
- Receive compensation of $20/hour for 3-4 hours a week spent on NAMI activities.
Youth mental health has never been more important than now, join NAMI Next Gen to impact change!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro