Volunteer: Chief Content Officer - This is a remote role (within the US)
Join the We Vote Movement
We Vote has an open volunteering position for a Chief Content Officer
(2-5 hours per week) who wants to use their existing skills and learn new skills, while helping strengthen American Democracy.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup, and a celebrated
What You’ll Do
- Working with the Executive Director and the Marketing Strategy team, refine and extend We Vote's marketing content strategy as we ramp up for 2024 elections
- Collaborate with the content team comprised of writers, designers, and social media volunteers to ensure work across the team is aligned and prioritized to achieve We Vote objectives
- Create action plans for Marketing and Social Media Managers, regarding where they should focus their efforts building content that fits We Vote's brand strategy
- Assist the team in creating and executing content that inspires voters to get ready to vote, and encourage their friends and family to vote
- Clarify questions about content strategy, and where we should put our energy
- Facilitate communication about the content strategies and accomplishments with other We Vote teams:
- Community Outreach, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Social, Newsletter Team, Analytics & Ads, Research Team, Internship Program, Recruiting
- Review work product from the marketing team and propose strategies for improving efficiency
- Provide brief reports in meetings and via email about the status of political data in We Vote
Who you are: Must haves.
- A willingness to oversee and guide content team to ensure executions are aligned to overall content strategy (a bit of editing of other's content is also expected)
- You are already immersed political messaging content in some form
- At least 2 hours each week during our core team hours M-F 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Additional hours can be done in evening and weekends)
- You want to work with an established and successful team. You are committed to strengthening American Democracy.
- You are striving for personal excellence
- You have exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers
- You are currently located in the US and can work one or two hours that overlap with US PT per week.
Not Required, But Nice To Have.
- If you have more than 5 hours to volunteer each week, there are other ways you can get involved with We Vote
What You’ll Gain
You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention. You’ll gain an opportunity to grow within the We Vote movement and meet other volunteers who are like minded and interested in building a valuable application to empower voters across the United States. You’ll also gain valuable technical skills, have opportunities for leadership development, and expand your personal and professional network.
Powered by JazzHR