On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated To The Care Of Elders
rogram of A
are for the E
lderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
Under direction and supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Assistant supports the Quality department in improving care processes, participant outcomes and experience and conducts site reviews to monitor the quality of services provided to the frail elderly.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Conducts and assists with quality reporting and improvement projects, including:
- Supports data collection through observation and surveys (e.g. Outside provider wait times survey)
- Conducts chart reviews (e.g. using Epic electronic health records) for data validation
- Assists in planning and follow-up of activities for PDSA (Plan-Do-Study-Act) Cycles
Completes state and federal regulatory reports as required.
- Assists in preparing credential files for review:
- Processes applications of new providers as they are received and reappointment applications of existing providers.
- Requests expiring documents from providers on a regular basis to ensure all files comply with the state and federal regulations.
- Conducts site visits, summarizes findings of On Lok operated centers, the Institute on Aging and contacted entities, and shared appropriate findings to the varying committees. These include:
- Contracted specialist offices and skilled nursing facilities.
- Dental clinics operated by On Lok and the Institute on Aging.
- Infection Prevention Devices at medical clinics operated by On Lok and the Institute on Aging.
- Medical clinics operated by On Lok and the Institute on Aging.
- Adult day health centers operated by On Lok and the Institute on Aging.
- Program related housing operated by On Lok.
- Organizational response to infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Coordinates, participates, monitors and prepares for various Quality Committees including but not limited to:
- Quality Management Team
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee
- Credentialing sub-committee
- Dental Review Committee
- Infection Control Committee
- Home Health Care quality of care review
- Writes meeting minutes for quarterly committees, drafts meeting agenda for committees.
- Prepares Quality report for quarterly Board meeting.
- Assists with creating and disseminates quarterly QA newsletter.
- Researches new functionality of available enterprise tools to improve effectiveness of quality team.
- Assists with submission of quality department expenses for staff reimbursement.
- Assists with tracking and reporting for contact investigations and infection control.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the Healthcare field, preferably medical office..
- Ability and means to travel as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Availability on weekends and after hours as needed.
- Completion of Contact Investigation training by 3 months from hire.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro