San Diego Moms is the county's premier lifestyle and parenting resource by moms for moms. We are passionate about parenting and strive to bring relevant content, introduce local businesses, and empower mothers at every stage of motherhood.
Job Description: We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing, Events and Sales Intern / Coordinator to hit the ground running on our team! This role will work closely with the San Diego Moms owner to fulfill and execute all marketing and event plans.
Marketing / Administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist owner in all marketing / advertising efforts related to paid advertising buys
- Email / Call prospective leads for owner
- Cultivate content and ideas for timely / relatable information (i.e. easter photo round up, mothers day gift ideas, best of SD campaign) - 10% commission opportunity on these posts
- Assume lead responsibility for all San Diego Moms Blog marketing efforts, including and especially social media.
- With Owner, develop Marketing Strategy and Social Calendar for each year, setting overall and platform specific goals.
- Assist in social media promotion, scheduling, for all sponsors leading up to and at events with direction from the Event Director.
- Utilize online and offline sources to develop new marketing strategies and ideas. Share “professional development” in the team Facebook group (helpful posts, webinars and resources).
- Produce the SDM weekly email newsletter, including all relevant content, promotions, events, and guides.
- Produce and send out special edition newsletters as requested.
- Schedule Facebook posts, recycling old SDMB content and high quality organic content.
- Interact with local businesses on Facebook as San Diego Moms Blog (at least 2x per week).
- Proactively share daily and archived content via tags and Link in Feature on Instagram
- Share archived posts on both Facebook (i.e. ensuring brands are aware of relevant content) and Instagram.
- As time allows, recycle “old” content via scheduled tweets.
- Brainstorm new ideas for San Diego Moms Blog’s presence on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and Pinterest, particularly as it relates to ways to engage brands.
- On a weekly basis, provide images, content and link to the Community Involvement Manager to be shared in the Neighborhood Groups.
- Assist the owner with building and executing the social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach
Event Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Day of event coordination including set up, day of execution, tear down and more
- Conducts short- and long-term planning and management for events and sales
- Recommends, develops, and implements effective marketing plans for generating event revenues
- Leads to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives
- Administers all phases of the Event Department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
· Prospecting, cold calling and assistance with San Diego Moms Guides (commission opportunity)Compensation
- Weekly goals for hour worked should be set with the Owner and will fluctuate as responsibilities are learned and added. During the training period, hours should be maxed at 10 hours/week with a goal of 7-8 hours/week.
- At the end of each month, the Consultant will submit to the Company a written invoice for services and expenses, and such statement will be subject to the approval of the Owner. A template for this invoice will be provided by the company.
Training Period: 3 month period
The initial period of 3 months will be considered the training period. During this period the following applies:
- Owner must be cc’d on all emails
- Weekly conference or in-person meetings with the Owner are required.
- An in-person check-in meeting with the Owner is required at the end of the training period to assess independent status and create plan to move forward with strategy and any necessary continued training.
Qualifications & Additional Expectations
- Keep in good communication with Owner via email, phone and conference calls, and shared files.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with internal team, to understand both organizational initiatives and existing partnerships that need marketing support.
Represent San Diego Moms in a positive and professional manner at all times, remembering and working within the values of our business:
- Impeccable attention to detail and availability to respond quickly to local events, to showcase the business’s community involvement.
- Involvement in the City Moms Blog Sister Site Chat group as available and appropriate. Our Network thrives because of an open-handed philosophy and we all support the “sisterhood” and provide insight when there is something to add to the conversations within this group. This should not impede your capacity to perform you role specific duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal).
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours or sooner when timeliness becomes necessary).
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments.
- Confidentiality per the signed NDA Agreement.
- Participate in once monthly all-team meetings
- Prepare social analytics summary reports as reasonably requested by the Owner.
Salary: $18-20 per hour + commission opportunities
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Administrative Skills: 1 year (Required)
- Content Creation & Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing / Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: In person / Remote