Remote Work Optional
Forbes Books has an exciting opportunity for a talented marketing professional who is looking to contribute to the success of a growing organization that is revolutionizing an entire industry. Forbes Books works with top tier business professionals to position, promote and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community or marketplace.
The Book Promotion Coordinator is a motivated and creative marketer with a passion for ideas and the drive to create and execute compelling marketing and advertising campaigns on behalf of Forbes Books and Advantage Books authors. The Book Promotions Coordinator works closely with authors to develop book launches and ongoing marketing strategies that target readers across various platforms. The goal of these campaigns is not only book sales but to help authors increase their expert visibility and build their sphere of influence, allowing them to further monetize their expertise. Those who are active readers with a love for books and the community around them are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Book Marketing & Promotions to strategize, execute and manage campaigns that offer value to our authors.
- Manage daily author interactions and correspondence in a timely, thorough, and collaborative manner.
- Become an expert on the Amazon product recommendation algorithm and strategies and tactics to activate the algorithm for product promotion.
- Become an expert on Amazon targeted advertising campaign setup, optimization, and reporting.
- Consult with authors on book marketing best practices, how to utilize their network to ensure a successful book launch, and how to use their book as a tool to increase their visibility and further monetize their expertise.
- Create, manage, and maintain marketing timelines and budgets that ensure deliverables and goals are met.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal team members to ensure marketing campaign launch at publication.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside vendors and partners to ensure campaign execution and identify new opportunities.
- Develop compelling marketing copy for ads, marketing and sales collateral, and promotions.
- Manage ad reservations, design requests, and creative trafficking.
- Coordinate ebook bestseller campaigns, managing both outside vendor and author, communicating with authors, and providing strategic uses for the achievement.
- Spearhead the setup and management of book seeding campaigns with NetGalley, Goodreads, and other reading communities to encourage reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.
- Manage backlist marketing efforts such as ebook and audiobook promotions.
- Identify, test, and launch new marketing initiatives that offer current and backlist authors value.
- Learn the ins and outs of book marketing from the Sr. Director and be able to answer questions and stand in as a proxy for them if/when necessary.
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Communicate and coordinate with authors, internal team members, and vendors
- Advise and consult with authors on book marketing best practices
- Develop marketing campaigns that work to achieve author goals
- Execute marketing initiatives in a thorough and timely manager
- Coordinate IOs with advertising vendors
- Upload files to NetGalley
- Create book pages and setup giveaways with Goodreads
- Setup, optimize, and report on Amazon targeted advertising campaigns
- Run reports and analyze data as needed
- Make ongoing marketing suggestions based on initial campaign data
- Maintain timelines and project updates through Monday.com
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Adherence to processes and procedures. Follows standard procedures for service execution, implementing changes and improvements as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email, and delivers world-class customer service to our members.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Problem Solving Mindset. Flexible attitude to test new approaches and adjust activities to solve unique client challenges.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Preferred Skills And Experiences
- Holds a degree in marketing, communications, or related fields and has a minimum of two years of experience in publishing, marketing, or advertising.
- Equally right and left-brained – organized and detail-oriented with the ability to craft creative marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Comfortable being a partner and an advisor to Forbes Books and Advantage Books authors.
- Confident in communicating with high-level authors, experts, and C-suite executives.
- Quickly understands the needs and goals of each individual author.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem solving on behalf of authors.
- Superior attention to detail and scheduling/project management skills .
- Administrative and organizational skills to be able to shift between projects and clients and meet strict deadlines quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong working knowledge of social media and best practices to provide promotional recommendations, amplify coverage, and craft copy.
- Experience working with targeted advertising such as Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, and Google.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp or other website and newsletter platforms.
- Willingness to learn and grow as the book marketing department expands.
- Love of books and passion for connecting readers with content of value.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Mac and MS Office
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, and telephone. Near visual acuity is required in order to work with computers.
- May occasionally require the employee to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Team Member should be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Team Member may be occasionally required to perform light to moderate lifting of office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Forbes Books is an entrepreneurial, high-growth company with opportunities for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental/Vision program, 401(k) with company contribution, and other nice perks. Advantage has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
This position is located in our Charleston, South Carolina office, but can also be done remotely. Team Members are eligible for health, dental and vision benefits the first day of the month after thirty (30) days of employment. Eligibility for all other benefits is at ninety (90) days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR