Pay rate- $42/hr on W2.
Responsible for supplier network communication. Someone with a communications background, savvy with multiple forms of communication and technologies (Power Point, Word, Teams etc). Supports in any supplier network event, i.e., supplier diversity events, supply chain, cyber security events hosted by BMW.
I. Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position?
Plans and organizes all communication and related communications platforms for all MN division topics in the
Americas region. Steers the M/MN committee briefings.
II. Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities: List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
- Supports activities for the division steering and communication group within the Purchasing and Supplier Network Americas.
- Supports the steering of quality targets and the target management process for the division.
- Coordinates communications and focused messaging.
- Coordinates and prepares briefings and speeches for the senior vice president.
- Supports the development of the communication strategy for division with detailed content for Plant Spartanburg and other regional locations.
- Oversees the conception and execution of communication projects.
- Manages the division homepage, newsletter and communication calendar.
- Shapes the division communications both internally and externally.
- Provides advanced level writing and editing for senior leadership.
- Creates a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the projects.
- Prepares, consolidates and edits relevant and sometimes complex communications of the Americas, including Mexico and Brazil to create a marketable storyline for events (i.e.: town hall meetings, forums,
- MN Days, Supplier Days, senior level meetings and diversity events).
- Develops a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates resources and implements all necessary activities.
- Interfaces with the M-division headquarters' communications department for transparency and escalation of topics.
- Completes special projects for the department as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Group operations supervisor.
III. Position Competencies:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering or related field; or the equivalent of 4 years of experience in a communication, marketing, or media related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in automotive manufacturing environment, preferably in a steering or communications role.
- 3+ years of project management experience